Sign in to follow this  
RoHitman Reigns

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

The only thing I can think of is Sam Boyd is small. I think it sits only 35,000 or so.

It's also really shitty with really shitty parking. StubHub is small, but nice-ish (for what it is, it wasn't supposed to be a NFL stadium), Boyd is not.

Pat McAfee really is a national treasure. If aliens exist and they say, "OK USA, send us your representative" it should be Pat McAfee. 

• Like 7

338 college prospects are slated to attend the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis later this month, but one of them stands out: Kyler Murray.

The Oklahoma quarterback was officially invited to be a participant in the combine, which begins Feb. 26 and is aired on NFL Network. The full list of those expected to attend is available here.

A baseball and football star in Norman, Murray announced his intention to enter the NFL draft in mid-January, despite having already been drafted by the MLB's Oakland Athletics with the ninth pick of the 2018 MLB Draft.

Murray is still scheduled to report to the Athletics' spring training on Feb. 15. He was allowed by the Athletics to play out one final season at Oklahoma, where he started at QB and won the Heisman Trophy.

When asked by NFL Network's Andrew Siciliano last week when his decision to play either football or baseball will come, Murray only offered, "Soon. Very soon."

Here's the full list of participants.

---

Bengals coach Zac Taylor defended the controversial hire of offensive line coach Jim Turner on Thursday, saying he has no problem giving Turner his first job in the NFL since 2014.

I'm just waiting to see Mike Mayock's mocks.

• Haha 2

Kyler Murray has committed to playing football going forward.

1 Year, $1mil for Hunt.

He's gonna miss half the season but that's one hell of a value pick-up for the Browns.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, TCO said:

1 Year, $1mil for Hunt.

He's gonna miss half the season but that's one hell of a value pick-up for the Browns.

Value pick-up. Fuck that language.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TCO said:

1 Year, $1mil for Hunt.

This post exemplifies why the NFL will always have a problem with domestic violence. 'One hell of a value pick-up'...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DMN said:

This post exemplifies why the NFL will always have a problem with domestic violence. 'One hell of a value pick-up'...

It wasn't domestic violence though.  There is a problem with domestic violence the with Chiefs and it's with Tyreek Hill who should be in prison, nevermind an NFL field.  Everyone basically ignores that though because it's not a hot topic. Domestic violence is something that is completely abhorrent and something I'm passionately against. I hate when stuff like this gets thrown in with Josh Brown, Ray Rice, Tyreek Hill or even Ruben Foster. It dilutes the physical and psychological damage domestic violence causes

There is a lot of problems in the NFL but I don't think blackballing Kareem Hunt for his entire career is going to solve it. He got cut, will get a lengthy deserved suspension and has been dealt with by the legal system. Hunt is a fucking idiot and not a good person but as a person who believes in the justice system and rehabilitation, I don't see what good removing him from the league forever will achieve.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TCO said:

It wasn't domestic violence though.  There is a problem with domestic violence the with Chiefs and it's with Tyreek Hill who should be in prison, nevermind an NFL field.  Everyone basically ignores that though because it's not a hot topic. Domestic violence is something that is completely abhorrent and something I'm passionately against. I hate when stuff like this gets thrown in with Josh Brown, Ray Rice, Tyreek Hill or even Ruben Foster. It dilutes the physical and psychological damage domestic violence causes

There is a lot of problems in the NFL but I don't think blackballing Kareem Hunt for his entire career is going to solve it. He got cut, will get a lengthy deserved suspension and has been dealt with by the legal system. Hunt is a fucking idiot and not a good person but as a person who believes in the justice system and rehabilitation, I don't see what good removing him from the league forever will achieve.

The only real difference between what he did and DV is the relationship between the people. Defending it as it 'wasn't domestic violence though' says a lot about priorities.

Maybe the dude does deserve another shot in a league where fighting for social justice will get you blackballed, but beating another person on camera means you're 'one hell of a value pick-up', doesn't mean I'm not going to call it out for what it is.

I thought we were good at RB, but hey..

Taking out the off field issues, Hunt is inarguably a top five talent that almost any team in the league would love to have. As long as he is sincere and contrite and not just sorry he got popped, I think he deserves an opportunity to show what kind of man he can be. If this crap happens again, of course throw the guy out on his head.

Here is a statement from GM John Dorsey. Spoilered for size.

Spoiler

DzJXZoYXQAEAAo9.jpg

39 minutes ago, DMN said:

The only real difference between what he did and DV is the relationship between the people. Defending it as it 'wasn't domestic violence though' says a lot about priorities.

Maybe the dude does deserve another shot in a league where fighting for social justice will get you blackballed, but beating another person on camera means you're 'one hell of a value pick-up', doesn't mean I'm not going to call it out for what it is.

I'm not defending it and it's not about priorities. That is the difference and that's a pretty big fucking difference. Equating pushing and kicking out at a woman he's never met is completing downgrading how awful domestic violence is. People are quick to lump any form of aggression towards woman as "domestic violence" when it's a genderless and often invisible crime.

The league is fucked for a large number of reasons. It's just me but I feel people who strive towards rehabilitation and serve their debt deserve a second chance in some instances. I certainly believe Hunt shouldn't be blackballed for the league for what he done. No league punishment will be too severe and he'll get what's coming to him.

Hunt signing is the tip of the iceberg really when there's systematic issues with domestic violence in the league. I just don't see Hunt as one of them and beyond retribution. 

Good. Better chance he falls to us at #10. 

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Good. Better chance he falls to us at #10. 

Better hope he wears stilts to his one-on-one interview with Elway.

Also, fuck the Browns and fuck Kareem Hunt. I am someone who says "hey let's give people second chances" but this mofo is still on his first chance since he's exactly where he would have been had the video not come out except playing for a different team after his inevitable suspension is over.

37 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Better hope he wears stilts to his one-on-one interview with Elway.

I know. I'm setting myself up for disappointment when we draft friggin' Daniel Jones. 

5 hours ago, TCO said:

I'm not defending it and it's not about priorities. That is the difference and that's a pretty big fucking difference. Equating pushing and kicking out at a woman he's never met is completing downgrading how awful domestic violence is. People are quick to lump any form of aggression towards woman as "domestic violence" when it's a genderless and often invisible crime.

The league is fucked for a large number of reasons. It's just me but I feel people who strive towards rehabilitation and serve their debt deserve a second chance in some instances. I certainly believe Hunt shouldn't be blackballed for the league for what he done. No league punishment will be too severe and he'll get what's coming to him.

Hunt signing is the tip of the iceberg really when there's systematic issues with domestic violence in the league. I just don't see Hunt as one of them and beyond retribution. 

Violence is violence, I don't give a damn about the relationship between the two people, she didn't strike him, she at most used racial slurs towards him, which, while inexcusable in it's own right, does not meet the threshold needed to respond with violence.

I also disagree that Hunt has done ANYTHING that could be considered rehabilitation, considering all I could find was him getting cut and having a NFL suspension. He lied to the Chiefs and then put out a bullshit apology like everyone else. That isn't rehabilitation, that's just keeping your head down. If you have a source on something here (I searched Kareem Hunt atonement, punishment, and apology, found nothing), I'd be happy to see it.

So, yeah, I see no reason why Kareem Hunt deserves to be back in the NFL, the fact that there are worse offenders than him (including, like you stated, Tyreek Hill) is not a reason he should be in the league.

• Like 1