2024 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

The Falcons taking Penix makes me think they know they’re gonna lose their 2025 1st rounder on tampering charges and they will try to flip his draft rights for a 2025 1st rounder this weekend.

Of course that’s still hilarious considering signing Cousins is a win-now move and yet they instead punted the pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Is this guy really good enough to have to grab him after the whole Cousins thing? 

I mean, I certainly don't think so, but who am I!? I think he's definitely better than McCarthy, who I fully expect to be a flop, but Penix has a ton of severe injuries in his history. His durability is a huge red flag.

14 minutes ago, DMN in the House said:

FaLOLcons.

I don’t think you’re allowed to laugh at other teams’ QB rooms right now.

• Haha 1

Well that’s two time seeing that Oklahoma City Thunder commercial and now I hope they get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.

Man there's a ridiculous number of QBs who have been drafted. It's even more wild because I think half will be complete flops, and I'm still not sold on Daniels or Maye either.

• Like 1

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm not really sure what Denver are doing.

With that huge Wilson cap hit hanging over their heads for the next few years, getting someone under a long, cheap contract at the position was apparently vital.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

50% is roughly the hit rate of 1st Rd QBs I read.

Yeah I read something on The Athletic a few weeks back about it, and while I don't remember it fully, I think they classified a hit/success of at least starting/winning a playoff game and getting another contract with the team. 

I fully expect 3 to fail, and I am not sold on Drake Maye at all. Daniels probably will end up not qualifying as a hit purely because the poor guy has to play for Washington 🤣

Lots of great players that would fit the Seahawks' needs that the Seahawks can trade down instead of picking :w00t:

Tony Khan is too fatigued from the indignities he's suffered at the cruel hands of The Elite to make a draft pick :crying:

• Like 6