2024 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

One potential draft snafu with possibly big effects - some scuttlebutt that the NFL may bust the Falcons for tampering with Kirk Cousins and drop them from Pick 8 to Pick 32, which would then move everybody else up of course.

It makes me very happy to see teams making good, sane choices with their jerseys this time around.  Jets took way too long to make the most screamingly obvious move possible, but at least they did it.  Lions?  Dropping the terrible number font and it's gray color scheme.  Broncos, while they should be going with the classic look instead, at least the changes they are making to the modern sets are subtle and look decent.   Well, besides the dumb triangles, but those are tiny.

Waiting to see what the Texans do.  The leaks have some poor choices, but didn't look out and out terrible like Atlanta or Arizona's recent efforts.

IDK, my own opinion is that once a team wins a Super Bowl, they should be locked into those jerseys forever. The Rams look ridiculous, they should've just stayed with the classic look they had for years, but noooo, they had to wave their proverbial Greatest Show On Turf dick to the rest of the league with those bullshit blue and gold jerseys <_< . And now they look like someone at the flag of Sweden and puked. 

This would have also sparred the Bucs from having to wear those horrible "Are we an NFL or XFL team" jerseys. I'm glad they have the old scheme back, but I'm anal enough to know it's not right (the old jerseys used red text for the player names on the white jerseys, current uses black <_< ). 

17 hours ago, Krabby said:

One potential draft snafu with possibly big effects - some scuttlebutt that the NFL may bust the Falcons for tampering with Kirk Cousins and drop them from Pick 8 to Pick 32, which would then move everybody else up of course.

A well deserved punishment! :angry: 

Plus the Bears pick 9th right now :shifty:

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Maxx said:

It makes me very happy to see teams making good, sane choices with their jerseys this time around.  Jets took way too long to make the most screamingly obvious move possible, but at least they did it.  Lions?  Dropping the terrible number font and it's gray color scheme.  Broncos, while they should be going with the classic look instead, at least the changes they are making to the modern sets are subtle and look decent.   Well, besides the dumb triangles, but those are tiny.

Waiting to see what the Texans do.  The leaks have some poor choices, but didn't look out and out terrible like Atlanta or Arizona's recent efforts.

What's your least favorite `new/alternate' uniform design of the last decade?

The leaks did not contain the many, many poor choices there.   Knock off Vikings helmet?  No thanks, and the color is just don't work.  The H helmet just looks generic as all hell and the light blue, while kind of one of the city of Houston's colors real kind of clashes with everything.   The new numbers are bad too.

To answer GhostMachine's question: Dual color helmet Jaguars and their mustard yellow color rush jersey.

• Like 1

Higgins unofficially has been asking for a trade since January. He didn't want to be franchise tagged. He's going to put money over trying to win a Superbowl. He wants WR1 money & wants to be their WR1 when Chase is better than him. Cincy has still done the man dirty by not even trying to enter contract talks with him in the past year. 

Hendrickson is the often seen "I want to keep getting paid $15+ million a year even though I turn 30 this season even though most teams don't want to pay top dollar for a defensive lineman at that age" scenario.

I still think overall the Bengals are going to quickly fall apart from being a team that is a legitimate contender because they are not a very well run franchise, and haven't been for pretty much my entire life.

• Like 1

Cincy has basically been the ultimate "small window" team in the salary cap era. Load up with these elite teams for 2-3 seasons and then mismanage their way into wasting the prime of their players instead of being able to retool. Happened with the Palmer-era, the Dalton-era, and appears history is beginning to repeat again.

Meanwhile, they're in a division with two teams that historically have incredibly short nadirs with very long windows.

• Lineker changed the title to 2024 NFL Draft

As we sit here 2.5 hours before the draft, I’m thinking the Giants might actually trade up to #3 for Drake Maye.  But this can go in so many directions.

I’m still gonna trust Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll until I have a reason not to.  Still feel like they might both be thinking getting a QB in this draft whether it be Maye, McCarthy, Penix, or Nix will at least get them some job security beyond 2024 as they can sell the fans on needing a year to build everything around the QB.

• Like 1