NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

Players never had a problem with it until this current generation came along. Maybe I just got spoiled growing up watching players play every game in the 90s. I'll happily agree that the NBA season is gruelingly long and that players should be rested towards the end of it, when your teams playoff spot is secure. But 5 games into the season? Or pre planning it before the season starts? Please. They're getting paid millions of dollars, get the best training and eating available. Not a fan of it, never will be, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

It's too early in the season for the Jazz to be playing with my heart like they did tonight. Thank God for Bogey. Might be the best signing in Jazz history. 

Also, to show that I kinda follow college basketball, the Utah Utes won by a NCAA record 94 points tonight. Insane. 

6 hours ago, Meacon said:

Like three of us do!

When it comes to college basketball, I honestly pay more attention to the women than the men. But that's probably because the women's team was better than the men's here for quite a long time.

Melo's contract is non-guaranteed, so if its not working out, the Blazers don't really lose anything. But when you already have two ball dominate players in Dame and CJ, why sign a black hole like Melo?

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

Knicks are 2-0 against Dallas this year. 

1-9 versus everybody else. <_< 

The Mavs have plenty of talent, but oh god beyond Doncic the team is just so frustratingly hot/cold from a day to day basis. Some days you got half the team scoring 15 points and totally demolishing any team they face... Then they are falling short to the Knicks twice in a row, who (no offense) they should be demolishing.

The life of a team that's both one of the best on offense, but also one of the worst on defense.

At least Kristaps can say that he's been out of the running for about 1.5 seasons and there's some serious rust issues going on that he needs to get through before he might get back to his old level.

Until then, Luka will continue trying to make a bid for youngest MVP in league history, because jesus fuck this dude's unreal. Every time he manages to surprise me with another crazy statline.

If Kristaps can get his groove back, and they can trade or sign a !consistent! third option to the team, there might not be teams that can outgun them.

12 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Man, calling that foul a flagrant really cost us the game :( I sort of get it, it was in the face, but man. Lost 6 of our last 7, rough stretch.

We host Portland tomorrow, my god I hope they play Melo!

They're saying not until Tuesday at the earliest, unfortunately. If he lasts a month, I'll be shocked.