NFL 2019

Maxx

The Giants kept three QBs and I have no idea why.  Seems like a waste of a roster spot.  If Eli gets hurt, Jones takes over and you sign someone to back him up.  It’s not complicated.

But even if they were going with three QBs, they kept the wrong one.  Kyle Lauletta outplayed Alex Tanney in every conceivable way all preseason.  The beat writers are saying that they kept Tanney because they don’t want Eli to worry about mentoring Jones so they kept Tanney because he’s a veteran.  But Tanney has been a do-nothing in his career.  He won’t teach Jones jack.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

So are the Dolphins deliberately tanking and that's why they're starting Fitzpatrick over Rosen? What even is going on there?

They're just accruing as many picks as possible. Even if they somehow miraculously avoid the worst record and miss out on the #1 pick, they will have more than enough ammunition to go up and trade to get it.

I belive they see Rosen as one for the future. Fitz has simply outplayed him in camp.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Then... why did they trade for Rosen?

What in the last 20 years of Dolphins history has suggested to you that they are capable of any sort of long term planning?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Meacon said:

You'd think they'd start Rosen, see if he cuts their mustard, so then they could get one of the billion of QB's in the draft. 

I mean, they still likely will take one of the billion QB's, but at least then they'd have a verdict on Rosen. 

Yeah that above everything else is what I don't get. You have 16 games to figure out if Rosen is your guy or not, and if he's not then you're really bad and either are picking 1 overall or close enough where you can try to make a trade for that pick.