2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

6 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Never. The best heels truly believe what they're doing is right and the rest of the world are in the wrong.

I dislike Brady and the Patriots as much as anyone here, and likely longer, but the whole schadenfreude over Deflategate stopped being funny a long time ago. Let's just get over it. 

Hey Dan, remember when the Jags first round draft pick went down with a knee injury last year?  Oh wait, I mean this year

(I joke only because it looks like it won't be too bad and he'll be back for camp.)

• Like 2

It's utterly pointless.  Barely any of the players want to be there.  Most of the players that make it from the losing AFC/NFC title games bow out (see:  all of the Patriots this year), and you nearly always lose a bunch of people from the Super Bowl teams too.

They still need to elect Pro Bowl rosters because of contract clauses, but there is no need at all to actually have the game.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

You'll all be amazed to hear that Tom Brady has filed his latest appeal against his suspension. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Seems like they'll hold the Super Bowl in a literal dump before they come back up north again.

I'm actually surprised Goodell hasn't made a push to host it at Wembley or Rogers Centre or The Azteca.

EDIT- Could you imagine all the pissed off fans who can't go to see their team play because they don't have Passports? This sounds 100% Roger he needs to make it happen.

I doubt there will be one at MetLife again anytime soon.  They dodged a bullet with unseasonably warm weather last time but the mayor of East Rutherford came out and said he doesn't want another Super Bowl in the state because it didn't benefit the state at all.  They saw nothing from ticket sales and most everybody who traveled into the game spent their money/time in New York.  The league also promoted it as the Super Bowl in the Big Apple, they didn't even give it the WM 29 "NJ/NY" courtesy mention.  All New Jersey got from hosting the game was awful traffic and overly congested mass transit.

At least with Giants and Jets games, the state gets a cut of ticket sales/parking revenue.  Tough to blame the mayor for not wanting to deal with that headache again.