NFL 2018

Lineker

32 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Win or lose, I hope this game causes people to pump the breaks on the Chiefs Super Bowl hype.  Their defense is flat out garbage.

No way. 

You're going to have to show my some evidence that an Andy Reid team could be this hot in the first half of the season and not win the Super Bowl. 

Go ahead.

I'll wait. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

No way. 

You're going to have to show my some evidence that an Andy Reid team could be this hot in the first half of the season and not win the Super Bowl. 

Go ahead.

I'll wait. 

1uf27Y7.gif

• Thanks 1

If there's three minutes left in a game, and your team is losing, there's really no other quarterback to have than Aaron Rodgers. I didn't even have a small bit of doubt that he'd drive his team down to tie this game up. 

And now he does it again with 50 seconds left, to drive them down for the win.

Assuming Mason Crosby doesn't bone this. 

Seriously. Unreal. What a friggin' quarterback. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

If there's three minutes left in a game, and your team is losing, there's really no other quarterback to have than Aaron Rodgers. I didn't even have a small bit of doubt that he'd drive his team down to tie this game up. 

And now he does it again with 50 seconds left, to drive them down for the win.

Assuming Mason Crosby doesn't bone this. 

Seriously. Unreal. What a friggin' quarterback. 

I'd be Keen for a QB who was always on the Case like this. Um.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: 

• Like 1

So in a bit of fun, Dan Orlovsky tweeted “So today...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY [?]” referring to it being ten years ago when he ran out of the back of the end zone. 

Also, his twitter bio says “Endzones should be 11 yards”. I mean, may as well have fun with it at this point. 

I love when athletes can laugh at themselves or at least not hold resentment over something.

Take, for example, Dennis Eckersley congratulating Kirk Gibson on the 30th anniversary of that home run the other day. It's always a good look and helps remind people that, in the end, it is just a game.

I just read that if Eli starts every game this season and the Giants go 3-13 again or worse, Eli will be below .500 as a starter in the regular season.  When you consider that he didn't have a losing season until he was 32, that's shocking.

And if you add in the playoffs, a 3-13 record would still put him at just 2 games over .500 for his whole career because along with the Super Bowls he has four one-and-dones to his name.

I'd like to think they won't keep starting him after the bye if they're 1-7, but still.  I've long argued a two-time Super Bowl MVP who is in the top 10 all time in yardage and TDs and who had a crazy Iron Man streak will be a cinch to go into the HOF.....but with the voter base getting younger, I think a losing record would be a death blow for his chances.

19 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

I'd like to think they won't keep starting him after the bye if they're 1-7, but still.  

But would they though? Unless they sign a QB they are not benching Eli. Who are they gonna start? Alex Tanney? There's no reason for that. He's always going to be a third round QB only necessary when the back up gets hurt. And trick shots aren't gonna improve a team that has multiple issues beyond Eli. They got rid of Davis Webb and clearly don't have much faith in Kyle Lauletta if they put him as third string instead of Tanney. 

Lauletta isn't the immediate backup because they want a more seasoned guy to be the guy to go in if Eli gets hurt. If they're punting on the season at 1-7 they would start Lauletta to see if he's worth keeping around or not. 

• Like 1