NFL 2018

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I'm sorry the only commentary I heard was Booger saying "Showtime Mahomes" 10000000000 times.

ESPN had a real hard-on for calling him that last night for some reason, yeah. It was so weird. 

Romo is the best commentator I've ever heard. Nice voice, excited to be there, incredibly knowledgeable and always speaks at the right volume and pace.

Him commentating also reminds me that Dallas went with Dak over him for their best chance to win a Super Bowl in long time! 

2 hours ago, TCO said:

Romo is the best commentator I've ever heard. Nice voice, excited to be there, incredibly knowledgeable and always speaks at the right volume and pace.

Him commentating also reminds me that Dallas went with Dak over him for their best chance to win a Super Bowl in long time! 

Yeah we went with the guy who could get hit and not have to miss half the season.  Everyone seems to forget that in 2016 the furthest any team was getting was a match up with Atlanta as they obliterating everyone that season.

Just now, Maxx said:

Yeah we went with the guy who could get hit and not have to miss half the season.  Everyone seems to forget that in 2016 the furthest any team was getting was a match up with Atlanta as they obliterating everyone that season.

Eh, he only had to last a couple of games after a season of rest. I think Romo with Zeke and that offensive line could have given Atlanta a game. Not saying they win out but you have to throw Romo in there and put your best foot forward. 

Dak was going to be around after regardless, you play your all-pro QB and see how it pans out. I understand why they played the hot hand with Dak, I just disagreed then and still do now.

I credit Romo for not being tempted out of retirement last year.  With all the injuries that happened in the league, I'm certain he was still getting offers well into the season - especially from the Texans once Deshaun got hurt.  Yeah all of these broadcasters have provisions to allow them to leave for playing or coaching gigs and CBS would've welcomed him back with open arms a year later, but he listened to his body which was telling him enough was enough.

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Eh, he only had to last a couple of games after a season of rest. I think Romo with Zeke and that offensive line could have given Atlanta a game. Not saying they win out but you have to throw Romo in there and put your best foot forward. 

Dak was going to be around after regardless, you play your all-pro QB and see how it pans out. I understand why they played the hot hand with Dak, I just disagreed then and still do now.

The sub par Cowboys defense of 2016 would not have.