NFL 2018

Lineker

2 hours ago, Plubby said:

I don't know if this was meant to be commentary on it being a shit rule or not, but this was an inexcusable flag for Matthews to take. That is a fucking TEXTBOOK example of that rule. He KNOWS it's a rule, he's already been called for it. He had a relative ETERNITY to decide how to take down Smith - I guarantee you that nobody at that stadium has had shits go through in the last MONTH as clean as he got through that pocket - and he decided to plow right through the middle and land on him.

Now, it IS a shit fucking rule and I hope to god they change it somehow. But you just *gotta* do better than that when you're through and in on the QB as cleanly as he was. There's no excuse for this flag that isn't a variant of "this shouldn't be a rule" and he doesn't get a pass on that because I hate the rule, they're separate issues.

I am not arguing at all that it doesn't fit the rule. I'm saying that the rule is bogus and the it's been called so inconsistently. I'm not mad at Clay Matthews there at all, though. It's a pivotal moment and he's had a 10 year career where that's a legal hit. That's a tackle, and it's clean as can be in any year other than one. As for him being called previously for it, in week 2 he got called even while actively shifting his body weight off of the QB, so fuck it. As others have said, the league might as well make the QBs down by 2 hand touch at this point. Or maybe just do away with lineman all together since pass rushing is so evil. Let's just have a 7-on-7 score-a-thon.

Edited by HC

So, Fitz keeps the job over Winston we think? Even despite those three INTs, he's leading them on plety of scoring drives. Sounds like the lockeroom is behind him too. 

39 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Even with the loss, he's still the first QB in history to pass for 400+ yards in each of his first three games.  Of course, it's questionable if that actually is impressive or not given how ridiculously pass-happy the league is with three QBs already over the 1,000 yard mark just three games into the season.

Apparently last night Joe Tesitore pointed out Big Ben is a legend because he already has over 120 more passing touchdowns than Terry Bradshaw. I hate that the NFL/ESPN talk about those things like it’s even-Steven.

11 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Has a flag ever been called on the kicking team on a punt or kickoff once in the history of football?  Because it sure doesn't feel like it.

They used to get offsides every once in a while, where a coverage guy would start early. That doesn't happen with the new rules though.

5 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Even with the loss, he's still the first QB in history to pass for 400+ yards in each of his first three games.  Of course, it's questionable if that actually is impressive or not given how ridiculously pass-happy the league is with three QBs already over the 1,000 yard mark just three games into the season.

It is impressive. Drew Brees owns the record with 18 career 400 yard games including play-offs. There's only been 9 other QBs who've had 2 consecutive 400 yard games.

No matter what way you paint it, it's an incredible feat by Fitzpatrick.

I've always thought thay Fitzpatrick had the talent to be a starting QB in the NFL. Surround him with enough talent and will probably make the playoffs. He probably won't win you a Super Bowl, but he's good enough to play in the league.

The Bills attempted it a few years ago.  Honestly with the Bucs offense this year most QBs you plug into it should be racking up stats.  But its fun that it's Fitzy.

4 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Kellen Clemens, Landry Jones, E.J. Manuel, Matt Simms, Tom Savage, T.J. Yates, and undrafted rookie Kyle Allen all attended a tryout for the 49ers.

Matt Moore was also invited and would’ve been the presumed favorite to get signed, but he declined as he isn’t sure he wants to even continue playing.

That is a pretty dire list. I'm not sure who I'd want, if I were a 9ers fan. 

11 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I mean he was covering for a shitty Brock Osweiler, the bar was set spectacularly low.

Best drop back in the league

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Kellen Clemens, Landry Jones, E.J. Manuel, Matt Simms, Tom Savage, T.J. Yates, and undrafted rookie Kyle Allen all attended a tryout for the 49ers.

Matt Moore was also invited and would’ve been the presumed favorite to get signed, but he declined as he isn’t sure he wants to even continue playing.

This is like your parents saying they’re going to finally let you get a puppy, but they take you to the pet store and all they have left are half-dead goldfish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4