NFL 2018

Lineker

One of the more lopsided 27-14 wins by the Ravens today. Denver could get nothing going, a blocked punt and a blocked FG (that should have been flagged) kept it close.

Case Keenum is... not good. But Bradley Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, and Courtland Sutton all look pretty good.

Also, Jimmy G hurt his knee planting it. That historically means ACL.

Colts had under a minute left, no time outs and needed to go the length of the field to score.  They proceed to throw passes that go barely 10 yards until there’s 5 seconds left and then lob up a no chance Hail Mary and lose.  Solid gameplan.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Colts had under a minute left, no time outs and needed to go the length of the field to score.  They proceed to throw passes that go barely 10 yards until there’s 5 seconds left and then lob up a no chance Hail Mary and lose.  Solid gameplan.

They brought in Brissett for the hail mary which says to me "Andrew Luck has no arm strength".

4 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

I tried to tell people Keenum is no good. And Vance Joseph is a pitiful head coach. To put it as nicely as I can. Elway fucked up not getting Bridgewater.

also my god Oakland sucks.

Keenum is okay if you're bringing him in as a placeholder during a rebuild, but as far as I know Denver isn't really rebuilding. They have Von Miller in his prime so they really should be doing anything they can do to win. Elway doesn't seem to really know what he's doing though. He absolutely should have gotten Bridgewater since that's a guy with enough of a ceiling that you can actually put a winner around him.

The Steelers would be idiots not to trade Bell. At best they get a minimum effort Bell for 6 games and whatever post season they can muster before he walks.

It's looking highly unlikely they have a shot at winning this year so they should just pull the trigger. Anything better than a compensatory 3rd they would get is a bonus for them now.

4 minutes ago, TCO said:

The Steelers would be idiots not to trade Bell. At best they get a minimum effort Bell for 6 games and whatever post season they can muster before he walks.

It's looking highly unlikely they have a shot at winning this year so they should just pull the trigger. Anything better than a compensatory 3rd they would get is a bonus for them now.

I don't know how much a team would give up for a rental, especially without the guarantee he'll play without a contract extension.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Giants look like world beaters as soon as they bench Flowers.

Funny thing was Chad Wheeler still got destroyed by Watt for 3 sacks and a few more close calls.  But honestly I don’t blame him, Watt’s drought was always going to end against this Giants line.

They looked great in the first half and terrible in the second.  After scoring 20 quick points they still managed to fail to get to 30, something they haven’t done since Coughlin’s last game.

But a win’s a win.  New Orleans probably kills them next week so all the more important to get this win.

As a 49ers fan, I would be fine to start CJ Beathard, bring in a veteran QB to watch over him, give Jimmy G a full season to learn the playbook, add some more talent during the off season, and wait for next year with a healthy JImmy G and McKinnon.

Not that it decided the game (this time), but Clay Matthews got called for a perfectly clean sack. No helmet contact or anything. I understand player protection and QBs are valuable but they honestly need to just put red jerseys on if this is the alternative.

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Funny thing was Chad Wheeler still got destroyed by Watt for 3 sacks and a few more close calls.  But honestly I don’t blame him, Watt’s drought was always going to end against this Giants line.

They looked great in the first half and terrible in the second.  After scoring 20 quick points they still managed to fail to get to 30, something they haven’t done since Coughlin’s last game.

But a win’s a win.  New Orleans probably kills them next week so all the more important to get this win.

Nah, we'll win 77-73 like when we played a few seasons back. >_>

Aside from Watt our oline was solid and our dline is getting better and better, just need Vernon/Apple back and we'll be legit. 

1 hour ago, HC said:

Not that it decided the game (this time), but Clay Matthews got called for a perfectly clean sack. No helmet contact or anything. I understand player protection and QBs are valuable but they honestly need to just put red jerseys on if this is the alternative.

New rule says that a player cant land on a QB with their full body weight, which Matthews did this week. It's a stupid rule, and I can't see it lasting long with that wording.

I still think it was the wrong pick but Barkley is special. His ability to stop dead, cut and accelerate is something I've never seen before and he's going to be a joy to watch for years to come if he avoids injury.

I love running backs with a unique running style like Le'veon Bell and I think Barkley's style is definitely as unique!

37 minutes ago, Pooker said:

New rule says that a player cant land on a QB with their full body weight, which Matthews did this week. It's a stupid rule, and I can't see it lasting long with that wording.

The rule is expecting guys running full force to suddenly halt their momentum. Even last week Clay shifted his weight off and was flagged. It’s such a ridiculous rule. I expect the backlash will worsen once it affects something pivotal like a playoff game.

Edited by HC
  • Like 1