NFL 2018

Lineker

Me too. I know it's too early to definitively say, but it does look like Mayfield will at least be competent a moving the chains, something that they've struggled with for a while. 

7 hours ago, DFF said:

Me too. I know it's too early to definitively say, but it does look like Mayfield will at least be competent a moving the chains, something that they've struggled with for a while. 

I can't even remember the last decent QB the Browns had. Hoyer looked like he might be, but we all know how that turned out.

Ereck Flowers finally benched!  :w00t:

So that'll spell the end for one of the biggest draft busts in Giants history.  Top 10 pick completely down the drain for a guy who never once played like an NFL caliber lineman.  He had horrendous technique even in college, I may not know a lot about evaluating linemen but even I could see that he would just drop his head and flail his arms almost every snap, which is a recipe for getting burned against NFL defensive linemen.  Yet the Giants just assumed they could eliminate a career-long bad habit and turn him into a franchise left tackle.

Undrafted second year man Chad Wheeler gets the start instead.

On December 19, 2015, Wheeler was involved in an incident on the USC campus. Los Angeles Police responded to a call at 8:45 AM at an apartment in South Los Angeles near the USC campus. The police arrived and a suspect, who was identified as Wheeler, was possibly under the influence of drugs and alcohol and was punching walls and windows in the apartment. After Wheeler injured his hand he ran out of the apartment, and then—ignoring the commands of police—ran back into the apartment. He was confronted by police who were concerned he might grab a weapon and got into an altercation with them that led the police to shoot him with multiple bean bag rounds, a type of less-lethal force.[7] Wheeler was detained by the police but not arrested, and was instead transported to a local hospital to be held under protective custody for a psychiatric evaluation.[8] His friend and her seven-month old son were present during the altercation; she was detained and released, the child was given to a family member.[7] As a result of the incident, Wheeler missed the Holiday Bowl.[3] Wheeler later apologized for the incident.

Hell of a guy to lose your job to.

The NFL is weird. Buffalo is kicking the Vikings ass, the Bills are supposed to be the absolute dirt worst. Guess not. 

The Redskins are kicking Green Bay's ass with old as fuck Alex Smith, Adrian Peterson, and Vernon Davis. Wild. 

Patrick Mahomes sure looks good. 

Football is a bit more fun when you just enjoy the sport as a whole rather than go nuts for one team. 

• Like 2