NFL 2018

Lineker

i've thought OBJ was nothing but an overrated whiner with straight up silly hair since day one. Yet, I still know some Giants fans who think he's great.

The whole Josh Norman situation proved that Beckham is a pussy.

(I'm not saying I agree with what Norman did, but Beckham should have sucked it up and ignored it, rather than letting it keep getting to him like it did.)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TCO said:

Antonio Brown is what everyone thinks OBJ is, which is hilarious. 

Beckham does nothing except get heated in-game and have silly hair yet gets all the reputation!

I don't agree with GM's rather, let's say, unfortunately, gendered take, but OBJ has clearly had some maturity issues in his career.

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

The whole Josh Norman situation proved that Beckham is a pussy.

Oh wow, you're SO cool!

Anyway, Beckham did have issues in the first couple of years of his career, and even last year a bit with that ridiculous "dog peeing" taunt that cost his team 15 yars..  I give him credit for moving away from that stuff this year.  He showed up to voluntary OTAs, arrived at camp on day one, and did everything that ownership asked of him.  If he had another year of on-field blow ups or off-field distractions I'm not sure the Giants wouldn't have franchised him and then tried to trade him.

Meanwhile, Adam Thielen blew up at Kirk Cousins on the sidelines.  The media says he was just being passionate.  I agree with that, but if he were a black WR I'm sure he'd have been called a diva.

By what metric isn't Beckham great? Just take a look at his NFL records section on his wiki page.

The only WRs who you could even argue are better are Brown and Hopkins. Calling any NFL player a "pussy" is just bizarre too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Meanwhile, Adam Thielen blew up at Kirk Cousins on the sidelines.  The media says he was just being passionate.  I agree with that, but if he were a black WR I'm sure he'd have been called a diva.

I somewhat agree with that, with the caveat that I'm not sure anyone gives enough of a shit about the Vikings at this point to make a bigger deal out of it. In general, though, I agree that NFL media (and media in general) are not the greatest with their takes. Wes Welker showed up at the Kentucky Derby rolling balls and handing out cash, and it's just a funny story (as it should be, imo), if Odell Beckham had done similar we would never hear the end of it.

• Like 3

See that Hopkins had 115 receptions and ZERO drops this year? That's crazy. Elite WR. 

• Like 1

As I said previously, we didn't suck that badly that the season was going to be a write-off before it started.. Our Defense was solid last year and we've gone from an 8-8 team to a 3-13, all the while Wilks has shown utterly no sign of any ability to identify problems and fix them. It's the same story every week, I'm afraid he looked out of his depth from very early on. The offensive line is hilariously bad I will give you, and it has been bad for a good long while, but there are some very talented players on this roster so it's not a case of him having nothing to work with. The McCoy OC hire was a massive mistake and that set us back a fair way too. I'd be blaming Steve Keim probably more than Wilks to be fair but I'm not sad to see him go and I haven't come across many Cardinals fans who wanted him to stay.

2 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

As I said previously, we didn't suck that badly that the season was going to be a write-off before it started.. Our Defense was solid last year and we've gone from an 8-8 team to a 3-13, all the while Wilks has shown utterly no sign of any ability to identify problems and fix them. It's the same story every week, I'm afraid he looked out of his depth from very early on. The offensive line is hilariously bad I will give you, and it has been bad for a good long while, but there are some very talented players on this roster so it's not a case of him having nothing to work with. The McCoy OC hire was a massive mistake and that set us back a fair way too. I'd be blaming Steve Keim probably more than Wilks to be fair but I'm not sad to see him go and I haven't come across many Cardinals fans who wanted him to stay.

Those are some pretty rose tinted glasses. Outside of David Johnson and Chandler Jones there's no one on the Cardinals that's going to scare anyone. Respect Larry Fitzgerald, but he's not a game breaker, he's a chain mover. That was a 6-10 team at best coming in to this year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DMN said:

Those are some pretty rose tinted glasses. Outside of David Johnson and Chandler Jones there's no one on the Cardinals that's going to scare anyone. Respect Larry Fitzgerald, but he's not a game breaker, he's a chain mover. That was a 6-10 team at best coming in to this year.

Their defense was still middle-of-the-pack this year. However their offense was historically bad, something like the 3rd worst by DVOA since 1986. That's a step back, but when you dig into the numbers it's not shocking given the number of injuries. Also their offense was also terrible last year despite being (outside of David Johnson) healthier. They were a team whose record was better than they actually were last year, and this year a team with a record probably a bit worse than they were despite the horrid offense.

When a team is going nowhere and bloated with bad contracts and zero direction, as the Cardinals are, you probably want to at least have some continuity. The Raiders and the 49ers have only set themselves back by tossing coaches aside after one year. The other franchises that have one-and-done coaches (Washington, the Jets, Jacksonville) don't exactly stand out as examples of organizational superiority either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DMN said:

Patrick Peterson is still one of the top corners in the league, but fair enough. I'm not trying to say the roster is brilliant or anything, and the Offense particularly is laughable but Wilks, a defensive coach, has seen our Defense decline in performance this year and I believe on that side of the ball we haven't done ourselves justice.

I know firing coaches after one year isn't a common thing in the NFL and I'm not really one for advocating it happening, but I don't believe Wilks was the right hire and I don't believe we would improve enough under him if he were to stay. It was a mistake last year by Keim to bring him in.

On 31/12/2018 at 19:41, TCO said:

Antonio Brown is what everyone thinks OBJ is, which is hilarious. 

Beckham does nothing except get heated in-game and have silly hair yet gets all the reputation!

OBJ is a perennial first round Srar draft pick! That makes him elite!

8 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

OBJ is a perennial first round Srar draft pick! That makes him elite!

Your dynasty is over!  No longer is your fantasy team an arbiter of success!  All hail me, and truly elite WRs like Devante Adams and...Josh Reynolds?

• Haha 1

On 01/01/2019 at 15:01, SeanDMan said:

Let's be real though, that hair is rediculous.

I love it. It annoys so many people that it makes it all worth it. His little dangly earring really completes the look. 😍

Image result for odell beckham hair and earring

On 01/01/2019 at 01:53, GhostMachine said:

i've thought OBJ was nothing but an overrated whiner with straight up silly hair since day one. Yet, I still know some Giants fans who think he's great.

Also, you're going to call out Beckham for his look when Zeke does interviews looking like this?

Image result for ezekiel elliott interview after the game

Guys like this make the NFL entertaining. As long as they're not being bad team mates let them be who they want to be. I think Antonio Brown has certainly crossed the line now.

• Like 2