2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I hate the Jones pick as much as anybody but comparing him to Tebow is ridiculous. Tebow was a QB who could barely throw the ball. Jones had a 1st Round grade in almost all mock drafts.

Click baiters trying to get clicks.

Just because mock drafts had him in the 1st doesn't mean that everybody thought that he was worth it, they just knew that a team dumb enough like the Giants would take him in the 1st. 

Also, nobody outright compared him to Tebow, I just said the situation was similar. 

Yeah I'm gonna wait until the guy plays an NFL snap before I judge him.

There's no way to tell how he's going to do until he plays. All these "experts" mocking the pick means jack shit. Let him play and then critique him

Tebow had a 67.1 completion rating in college; Jones, 59.9. 

Tebow: 88 TDs, 16 INTs. Jones: 52 TDs, 29 INTs.

Sounds to me that if one of them can't throw the ball, its Jones, not Tebow.

Jones should have been a second-round pick, at best. He's going to be a third-rate QB. This is your next Mark Sanchez, not Eli Manning.....unless you mean Eli as he is now.

Tebow's NFL completing rating was 47.9. Jones' will likely be worse.

Edited by GhostMachine

I don't read anything into Jones' completion percentage and TD totals.  He had nothing to work with at Duke.  I watched his game film with Clemson and counted at least six passes that his receivers straight up dropped.

The interceptions are much more of a concern because it speaks to poor decision making.  Rodgers/Brees/Brady consistently stay in the single digits with interceptions because they know when they need to check down or take a sack instead of force a play that isn't there.

College stats literally mean nothing. Tim Tebow was an option QB in Florida throwing to Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper, Louis Murphy and Aaron Hernandez while being protected by the Pouncey twins with a stacked defense. Jones played in a Duke offense with a horrific o-line and a terrible recieving core. If you think the above stats mean Tebow is a better thrower then you have no clue what your're talking about and there's no point going any further.

A whole heap of factors make up what will translate to the NFL from college ball, it's a different game. Carson Wentz played for North Dakota and he was essentially the MVP the year before last. It's ridiculous to write Jones off before he's played. Drafting is hard, lets see how Jones does.

Seems the statement about asking Jones to try out as a TE came from Manish Mehta, the Jets beat reporter from the NY Daily News.  He's basically the team's propaganda arm so I now have no doubt the Jets told him to float that story out there as a dig on the Giants,

• Admin

Quarterback Geno Smith is expected to sign with the Seattle Seahawks, a source told ESPN's Jordan Raanan. The Seahawks will be Smith's fourth team in four seasons. In Seattle, Smith will compete with former Denver Broncos first-round pick Paxton Lynch for the backup job behind starter Russell Wilson.

He's right though, he's fighting for his own career. Bettering his primary rival makes no sense when only one of them can see the field at one time. Favre did the same with Rodgers.

They're QBs, not coaches.

I mean, sure Joe, it's not really your job, but also...don't be a dumbass

1 minute ago, TCO said:

He's right though, he's fighting for his own career. Bettering his primary rival makes no sense when only one of them can see the field at one time. Favre did the same with Rodgers.

They're QBs, not coaches.

Bit different situation though - Favre is a HOFer and the Packers were HIS team. Flacco is coming into a new franchise and team with (yes, a superbowl win, but also...) not a totally sterling reputation as a starting quarterback