2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

1 hour ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Chris Long comes out and has admitted he is a decent user of marijuana even during his career.

Apparently if you are deemed as clean there is only one test a year to really worry about and he says he would just stop 1 to 2 months prior, pass as clean and then get back to it. 

Hopefully either the NFL decides this is a non factor to worry about and stops testing for the drug, or if they want to be hard asses about it then theyll just go and ramp testing up more often and make it random as well. 

Knowing the No Fun League ittl be the second option.

Oh they'll do the first one but the players will have to concede something else in negotiations for the new CBA. 

6 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Chris Long comes out and has admitted he is a decent user of marijuana even during his career.

Apparently if you are deemed as clean there is only one test a year to really worry about and he says he would just stop 1 to 2 months prior, pass as clean and then get back to it. 

Hopefully either the NFL decides this is a non factor to worry about and stops testing for the drug, or if they want to be hard asses about it then theyll just go and ramp testing up more often and make it random as well. 

Knowing the No Fun League ittl be the second option.

The fact that pot testing is only once a year and scheduled makes Josh Gordon so much more frustrating.

On 22/05/2019 at 17:44, Meacon said:

I mean the city, not the team.😛 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

They were discussing this on the radio today and it drove me nuts. I hate that people can say with a straight face that Donovan McNabb is a Hall of Famer. Forget the numbers, as he was on a pass-happy team in an era where throwing the ball was becoming much more common. Anybody that watched him play can't sincerely think he's Hall of Fame worthy. I wish I thought of myself even 50% of what McNabb thinks of himself. 

Thing is, when you call Pats fans out on that they almost get defensive.  “Nope, there’s real problems this time!  Old QB, players suspended” etc

I don’t even think they believe their own panic, they’re just actively trying to keep the reverse jinx going.

• Haha 1

On 24/05/2019 at 19:37, Meacon said:

They were discussing this on the radio today and it drove me nuts. I hate that people can say with a straight face that Donovan McNabb is a Hall of Famer. Forget the numbers, as he was on a pass-happy team in an era where throwing the ball was becoming much more common. Anybody that watched him play can't sincerely think he's Hall of Fame worthy. I wish I thought of myself even 50% of what McNabb thinks of himself. 

I think he's more of a borderline HOFer than you think. Look at the 'similar players' on PFR and it's full of Hall of Famers. If he'd got even one title, in Philly, I think he'd be in.

Edit: He also had a relatively short career for a modern QB.