Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

On 27/05/2019 at 10:13, Gazz said:

wtf, I love oppressive political regimes and modern slavery now.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DanishmadePunk said:

Until the ink is dry, i don't believe anything that Mike Ashley is involved in. 

Found this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sportingminute/status/1249997591036788737?s=20

EVjxmCvWkAElZkX?format=jpg&name=medium

Having read the legal documents this is essentially what it is... I am pretty sure the loan is there to give Newcastle some money at the end of the day if the Barclays claim goes south and stops the takeover.  So basically, Newcastle either get taken over by the Saudis, or they pay them a bunch of interest if they can't now buy due to the Barclays claim.  Eitherway Newcastle have a dictator in charge and will either have a little more money orrrr a fuck tonne of money

If this is true, Southampton's Yan Valery is a fucking monster.

The women put a thread up on Reddit last night as well, I'm sure it was deleted but I caught it at the time. Her name is Sian Brown.

She posted a DNA test result. So at a mimimum Valery is/was the father of a child with a Sian Brown. Everything else is accusations at this point but there's plenty of reason to suspect there's truth there.

She said that she had a non-disclosure order but said 'fuck that' and posted it: she claimed that she became pregnant from him. He didn't want her to keep the baby, but she did. When she was 20 weeks pregnant, he slipped (dissolved? idk) an abortion pill that he'd bought online into her drink and only told her afterwards when she started feeling pains. Such pills are only meant to be taken if less than 10 weeks pregnant. She then went to the doctor for scans and they found serious heart defects in the baby that weren't there before. I think that the baby was then born but didn't live very long, hence she deems him a murderer... Something like that.

• Admin

Top 10 Premier League European imports

Shearer:

1. Roy Keane
  2. Thierry Henry
  3. Eric Cantona
  4. David Silva
  5. Dennis Bergkamp
  6. Patrick Vieira
  7. Cristiano Ronaldo
  8. Vincent Kompany
  9. Eden Hazard
  10. N'Golo Kanté

Wright:

1. Roy Keane
  2. Theirry Henry
  3. Cristiano Ronaldo
  4. Eric Cantona
  5. Dennis Bergkamp
  6. Patrick Vieira
  7. Vincent Kompany
  8. David Silva
  9. Eden Hazard
  10. N'Golo Kanté

In terms of the best import players based on their overall careers to have ever been in the PL in its history the answer is Ronaldo. But he didn't have the longevity in the league that Keane and Henry had for sure. The two of them are interchangeable. N'Golo Kante feels like a guy who could move higher on the list if he stays in England for a few more years.

Van Nistelrooy feels like the biggest omission from this top 10, for me. It might just be another example of the impression that early 00s Man Utd had on me, but the man scored 20+ goals in 4 out of his 5 seasons in English football and he played less than half a season's worth of games in the one season he didn't. As an example, without his goals in the 01/02 and 02/03 seasons, Utd would've finished 6th and 4th instead of 3rd and 1st.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MadJack said:

Newcastle fans are already engaging in the kind of dismissive, callous excusing of horrific humsn rights abuses Man City fans have become experts at despite the House of Saud takeover not being complete yet. 

I made the error of having a slightly dissenting view on twitter ("I'd like the fit and proper persons test to be fit for purpose") and ended up muting it due to the number of "you don't have to go, I'll have your ticket" etc.

What I will say is that years of Ashley have shown that Twitter doesn't equal matchgoing fans, but it's not pleasant.

I do take issue though at longstanding journos getting angry at our fans and suggesting we should be fighting back having spent the last decade mocking any attempt to unite against Ashley. They of all people know full well we've got no power whatsoever.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colly said:

I made the error of having a slightly dissenting view on twitter ("I'd like the fit and proper persons test to be fit for purpose") and ended up muting it due to the number of "you don't have to go, I'll have your ticket" etc.

What I will say is that years of Ashley have shown that Twitter doesn't equal matchgoing fans, but it's not pleasant.

I do take issue though at longstanding journos getting angry at our fans and suggesting we should be fighting back having spent the last decade mocking any attempt to unite against Ashley. They of all people know full well we've got no power whatsoever.

Yeah a lot of the journos I'm seeing were kinda silent back when Man City were taken over and wouldn't even dream of bringing it up now. But it seems like - on twitter at least - fans are celebrating 'getting the club back' or something which doesn't seem to be the case. Glad Ashley's going, but from a moral standpoint what you're getting is much worse.

I don't think it's a sweeping generalisation to describe Twitter football fans as unrepresentative, but at the same time (it's difficult to tell when no one can leave the house...) there's certainly a view of if Man City can get away with it, and Sheffield United can get away with it without people realising, why are we being singled out? On top of that there's loads of thickos who either don't know or don't care, and of course that's what journos latch onto.

Hell, there was one (possibly from ESPN) who suggested there were no opposing voices who then went on to ignore all the opposing voices who replied to him.

Fans have no power in top flight English football.