NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

6 minutes ago, Your Mom's Side Chick said:

I know it's stupid but this makes the whole thing feel real for me. Like I knew it was dangerous but this is like millions of dollars

Same. Especially being a fan of the team, and Rudy, it really is hitting close to home now.

Sounds like the Pelicans game, which is supposed to start in 10 minutes, might be cancelled as well. Sacramento Kings are on the court warming up, but the Pelicans have not come out of the locker room, and one of the referees scheduled to work tonight worked Monday night's Utah Jazz game

EDIT: Game has been cancelled

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

There no way the NBA didn’t hammer it home to all their players about how to help prevent the spread of it.  None.  Fucking dumbass thought it was a joke, it’s hilarious how he probably infected a bunch of people who don’t have millions of dollars to pay for medical bills.

I'm not disagreeing with you, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rudy doesn't feel the same way now. I'm sure if he knew that he had it, there's no way in hell he would have done what he did. I'm just hoping that once he is healthy again, and everything is all cleared up, that it doesnt affect his life and career too much.

On ESPN, they briefly touched upon the impact of this. So, when you consider the 34ish players that Rudy came in contact with, plus media, coaches, ballboys, stadium employes, fans, etc, and all the people they've come in contact with, the number of people who could have been exposed to the virus would balloon exponentially. Time will tell what will come of this, and I think suspending the season is one of the safest moves they could have made. 

https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/12/fred-hoiberg-illness-big-ten-tournament

Nebraska's coach left the game partway through after appearing to be visibly ill on the bench. It would be worthy to note that coach Hoiberg had previously needed a surgery to correct an enlarged aortic root.

44 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

bradley.gif?w=640&h=480

I tried to find a better quality one, but there ya go. 

Sadly, that was actual game footage, and not Bradley acting. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Your Mom's Side Chick said:

I know it's stupid but this makes the whole thing feel real for me. Like I knew it was dangerous but this is like millions of dollars

The March Madness news did this for me. Of course, the NCAA is still forcing their players to go play, but to have no spectators...

But hmm, yeah, a world-famous actor and an All-Defense NBA player both get the virus. I mean, what are the odds, there's only 1300 cases in America am i rite

37 minutes ago, completeunknown said:

The March Madness news did this for me. Of course, the NCAA is still forcing their players to go play, but to have no spectators...

But hmm, yeah, a world-famous actor and an All-Defense NBA player both get the virus. I mean, what are the odds, there's only 1300 cases in America am i rite

Gobert reportedly got it from a family member who flew in from France, and Hanks got it while in Australia. It does so how crazy fast it can and has spread, however.

Gobert's an absolute idiot but the league stopping seems like it was going to be inevitable anyway. The only question now is how long it lasts, and whether they cut the regular season off now and just start with the play-offs when it returns, or maybe even just call the season off altogether.

Best course would be to test every player, coach, trainer, and management personnel, tell those who are sick to stay away, and start the playoffs in a few weeks time. Maybe do a couple play-in games for the 7th and 8th spots in each conference?

I've heard two different reports. One saying that they were quarantined in the arena per the CDC telling to be, and another saying that they were staying in the arena because they had already checked out of their hotel and were trying to find other place/places for the players to stay. Seems like they've also been ordered off or are doing it themselves, of social media, as nobody has posted for quite a while.

Edit: Donovon Mitchell has now tested positive for Coronavirus. 

Edited by Pooker

I'm not happy with Wojo reporting that Rudy was being careless in the locker room. It's a locker room, with an extremely close team. Of course there's going to be touching. Even if Jazz players are privately saying that, keep it private. 

4 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

For what it's worth, all the other Jazz players had their tests come back negative.

What about the reporters and other ppl they were near?