NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

They're supposed to be doing the schedule based on what each teams next 8 games were supposed to be, unless its against a team not in Orlando, then it'll be whatever team you were going to be play.

So, if that's Portlands main complaint, I'm not buying it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited, no matter what anybody says. I feel bad for the players having to leave their families, but I'm glad they have the option to opt out if needed. 

I miss the NBA, but given what's happening in the US, especially Florida, this really feels like it's a disaster waiting to happen. No sport is worth the potential health endangerment that this has the possibility to become, no matter how slim the chances.

For those who don't know, MLS is doing the same sort of tournament in Orlando as well. Starts tomorrow. FC Dallas have already had to withdraw because of 10 players and staff testing positive for COVID, and Nashville had to postpone a game already too because of potential multiple positive COVID tests. Most of these positive tests happened outside "the bubble" in Orlando, but it shows how fucked it all is. I expect the same to happen with the NBA too

40 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Beal isn't playing for the Wizards who had no business being invited anyway.

This title is 100% an asterisk for whoever gets it.

I mean you're right but it's also amusing to proclaim that after talking about how Nets players and Wizards players are going to miss it like they would have mattered. 

4 minutes ago, livid said:

I mean you're right but it's also amusing to proclaim that after talking about how Nets players and Wizards players are going to miss it like they would have mattered. 

Lol fair. They won't be the last players to drop out. Players on the real competitors will be showing up until some inevitably catch the virus. That was more my point.

Just find Florida to be an utter disaster, and it's insane to me that every sport I seem to follow, they're all in Florida. NBA, MLS, tons of MMA fighters and / or their coaches are testing positive for COVID-19.

Plus, not a sport, but wrestling is there too and isn't there a report that like 30+ WWE staff have contracted it?

I can't speak about MLS since I'm not sure what they're doing but the only good thing with the NBA is that they seem intent on making sure everybody is isolated from the rest of the state. WWE, AEW, and MMA fighters don't seem to be  under the same guidelines as far as sticking in a "bubble". Will the bubble work? Maybe, maybe not but they're at least being a bit smarter about that than it seems the others are.

I do wonder if the NBA now regrets choosing Orlando for it, though.

ESPN has had a few reporters living in the bubble for about a week now.  They’re getting tested a bunch, have Disney Magic bands which can be assigned access to only certain areas and will soon be getting sensors that alert you when you’re within 6 feet of someone else. 

20 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Beal isn't playing for the Wizards who had no business being invited anyway.

This title is 100% an asterisk for whoever gets it.

Same for MLB, sadly.

Oh no it fucking isn’t.  NBA was nearly done, have a team that wouldn’t having even made the playoffs if they took the top 16 teams, be undermanned does not somehow denigrate the whole thing.  In no universe were the Wizards going to get hot and win the whole thing.  The actual contenders are all going to be there, and they all played nearly their entire season.  Pretty sure no other NBA champions had to risk getting a potentially deadly disease en route to a title, and yet people still want to disrespect the eventual champions, it’s ridiculous.

There’s at least a sound argument to be made for baseball, given that they aren’t playing nearly half their games, and star players may not be going at all.  Still though, who the fuck cares?  This is the hand whoever the champions end up being were dealt.  They had no real control over it.  But for some reason everyone has a fucking hard on for throwing an asterisk on things.  Cooooool hope it makes you feel like you accomplished something.

• Like 3