NFL 2019

Maxx

I know it’s been happening for every championship win for ages but it’s so jarring to watch these on-field celebrations and you immediately see staffers running around to all of the important players shoving the official championship hat and t-shirt at them and making them put it on right away.  

45 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

I know it’s been happening for every championship win for ages but it’s so jarring to watch these on-field celebrations and you immediately see staffers running around to all of the important players shoving the official championship hat and t-shirt at them and making them put it on right away.  

Between that and the media immediately shoving cameras and microphones everywhere, I turn off just about every championship game as soon as the initial rush is over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pooker said:

Between that and the media immediately shoving cameras and microphones everywhere, I turn off just about every championship game as soon as the initial rush is over.

In fairness, it actually worked on me as I wasted no time buying the hat and shirt for both of the Giants' Super Bowls, the second one I believe I actually went out and got it the morning after.

It's objectively silly because the price for that stuff drops way down within a month...but I couldn't help but get caught up in the moment.

14 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

In fairness, it actually worked on me as I wasted no time buying the hat and shirt for both of the Giants' Super Bowls, the second one I believe I actually went out and got it the morning after.

It's objectively silly because the price for that stuff drops way down within a month...but I couldn't help but get caught up in the moment.

I've already told my wife that as soon as the 49ers win in two weeks, I'm ordering a hat, no matter what the cost is. Thought about getting an NFC championship hat, but they ugly and if we fail to win the Super Bowl, who cares about winning the NFC title?

3 hours ago, Pooker said:

I've already told my wife that as soon as the 49ers win in two weeks, I'm ordering a hat, no matter what the cost is. Thought about getting an NFC championship hat, but they ugly and if we fail to win the Super Bowl, who cares about winning the NFC title?

Just wait three months and pay half the price

I actually remember getting to Bob's the morning after SB46 and being shocked that they had no Super Bowl merch out despite sending out e-mails, so I went off to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought my shirt and hat there with tons of other Giants fans also buying.  It was fun.  And for both Super Bowls I ordered the season recap DVDs as soon as they were available.

Nothing will top Super Bowl 42 for me though.  I was in college and one of my best friends (a Pats fan) and I had a bunch of classes together and he was talking so much shit in the two weeks leading up to the game.  A few months earlier at a blood drive on campus the giveaway was a Patriots shirt, which I obviously didn't want but I still had it shoved in my drawer.  After I got home from my dad's after watching the game I pulled out that Pats shirt, crossed out the logo, wrote 18-1 in big letters over it, wrote "Cheaters" and "Chokers" and taped on some pictures of cameras.

Then despite being up watching highlights on loop til 2 AM, I happily got up for my 8 AM psychology class and as soon as I walked in I just gave my friend the biggest shit eating grin and let him have it.  Had random Giants fans high-fiving me all day.  It was glorious.

Edited by Carlos Buschtran
  • Like 3

I had a standing deal with my dad that if the Raiders won the Super Bowl he'd get me a Howie Long jersey, or if UCLA won the Natty a Skip Hicks Bruins uni, so if either of those things happen I'll do that, but otherwise I'm not much of a team apparel guy, outside of hats. I have a Raiders shirt, that's it.

• Like 1

I don't own any Dallas Cowboys clothing or accessories....

Aside from a hat, dri-fit shirt, pajama pants, two different necklaces, and a lanyard keychain. Plus a knit hat I've had since I was 5 or 6. I can actually still wear it, but its a tight fit. 

I have a Tennessee Titans t-shirt I rarely wear, and a cap that one of my aunts gave me.

• Admin

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers running back Tevin Coleman suffered a dislocated right shoulder that cost him most of Sunday's win against the Green Bay Packers. Although that injury left Coleman in plenty of pain, it doesn't appear that it's going to keep him out of Super Bowl LIV on Feb. 2 against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Jim Caldwell has left the Dolphins having never coached the team.