NFL 2019

Maxx

A simple question from a biased Carolina Panthers fan.. (I was the first and only Aussie to buy his jersey)

Is Luke Kuechly a Hall of Famer?

4 hours ago, PantherFan59 said:

A simple question from a biased Carolina Panthers fan.. (I was the first and only Aussie to buy his jersey)

Is Luke Kuechly a Hall of Famer?

Whilst his young retirement might not get him in on the first ballot, he's among the greatest players at his position this generation.

Also he's made Pro bowl in all but his rookie season, is a former dpoty, made all-pro seven times (five of those first team). Led the league in tackles twice on top of that. And was the quickest to 1000 career tackles, and the first to do it in 8 seasons or less.

I feel he's not a Gronkowski that he's arguably the greatest or one of the greatest at his position ever. But there's no doubt Kuechly is an all time great at linebacker.

• Thanks 1

That Patrick Willis wasn't even one of the 15 finalists this year feels like a pretty big indicator that Kuechly's going to have to wait a while.  It is kinda funny to me though that the only year he didn't make the Pro Bowl was his rookie year and he didn't make it despite being Defensive Rookie of the Year.

As for this year's finalists, even though Lynch and Atwater have been waiting for longer I'm fairly sure Polamalu skips right past them to go in first ballot.  That said they might double up on safeties, a lot of people think that the Niners' success this year helps Lynch's momentum and if the Niners go to the Super Bowl that'll make him a near lock for this year, even though it has nothing to do with his career as a player.

My guess is it'll be Polamalu, Lynch, Isaac Bruce, Edgerrin James, and Alan Faneca.  Voters love to double up on teammates because it makes things easier for the fans, especially fanbases that travel well like the Steelers.  Steelers would be lock to be in the Hall of Fame game.

Dicey spot for finalists though because there are only three spots open next year after Peyton and Woodson.

A Titans-49ers Super Bowl would just be bananas.  Literally nobody would have predicted that heading into the season.

That said, Chiefs-Packers is the NFL's dream.  The NFL's 100th season ending with the first-ever Super Bowl matchup, two huge name QBs who funny enough have been in commercials together all year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

A Titans-49ers Super Bowl would just be bananas.  Literally nobody would have predicted that heading into the season.

That said, Chiefs-Packers is the NFL's dream.  The NFL's 100th season ending with the first-ever Super Bowl matchup, two huge name QBs who funny enough have been in commercials together all year.

State Farm would lose their collective gourds of it was KC/GB

18 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

ALMOST LIKE ITS SCRIPTED