2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

I'm glad that Arians shot down any chance of Antonio Brown playing for Tampa Bay. Hopefully, his career is over. But sadly I won't be surprised if some team gives him a shot. As I said on Facebook, you sign him, might as well sign Dez Bryant, too. So you have a double shot of crazy with a side of locker room poison.

(I never refer to Antonio Brown as AB, because I watch a lot of Food Network and use that designation for Alton Brown.)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TCO said:

Antonio Brown is/was? arguably the best reciever in football, he'll 100% get another shot if there's no criminal charges.

I think it will happen, eventually. But he needs to just shut his trap for a while.

Kirk Herbstreit says the NFL and NCAA should already cancel their seasons.

I mean, I'm not optimistic they'll be able to play.  Even if we're fortunate enough to get somewhat of a reprieve in the summer, it's generally assumed that a second wave will come in the fall which would end up cancelling the seasons midway through anyway...the last thing you want is 50,000 people in a stadium.  Even with no crowd you're gonna end up with like 150 people on the field between players, coaches, refs, camera operators, etc. 

That said I don't see point in cancelling the seasons already.  The 2011 lockout ended in very late July and they still got in a full season.  Wait until camps are set to open in July and decide then.  Even if they don't think a season is happening, cancelling it now would just be more shitty news on top of a month that's been filled with shitty news.

This year the extra game would have seen the Steelers @ Chiefs and the Rams @ Packers.

The Chiefs would have massacred the Steelers but could see the other game being close enough. Still see this as a needless expansion. 12/32 teams made the NFL play-offs seem like a big deal in comparison to the NBA as it was tough to make it.