2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Also, this is just crazy

46 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Analytics have basically destroyed the perceived importance of running backs. It's crazy to see how fast it's happened. I'd be very curious what CMac gets in relation to cap percentage when compared to Gurley and Zeke's deals.

CMac has plenty unique talent that sets him apart. What has Gurley done that could be considered special compared to 100 other running backs out there?

Melvin Gordon has been roundly average. Austin Ekeler was hugely more effective in all facets of the the Chargers offensive. 

The days of the megastar, high money  one dimensional running back are gone pretty much.

Yeah McCaffrey is a major threat in the passing game, he'll be one of the few backs who'll justify his cap percentage.

This is exactly why I was against taking Saquon at #2. He's amazing but he'll never be valuable from a roster composition stand point

• Like 1

Barkley basically has to become a Hall of Farmer for that pick to ever be justifiable, and even then, he might be a guy putting up HOF numbers on a team that never wins jack.

I don’t know how long Gettleman will be Giants GM for but it’s obvious his entire run is going to be based on trying to build around Barkley to try to justify that pick, continuing to double down on the ground and pound shit in a league that has clearly evolved away from it.  Look how Snacks Harrison who is one of the best run stuffers in the league hasn’t even sniffed a contract offer yet.

Gettleman is symptomatic of everything that's wrong with the Giants management. Extremely dated, slow-reacting, relying on people who they've worked with previously and stubborn to the bone. The man is a fucking dinosaur working in an ever changing league and nothing will improve until he's gone.

22 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

Lions drafting Jeff Okudah is now a lock.

I hope not.

Trading Slay has confirmed that Patricia is a fucking shitty person. I think it was already obvious but ya'll should read the shit he said to Slay.

I honestly hope the Lions just completely shit the bed because I fucking despise Patricia and wish him no success.

It's kinda weird really.  The NFL free agent frenzy has been fun to follow and it's been a much needed distraction with no other sports going on.  Yet part of me feels like we're talking about stuff that might not even happen.  These guys signing one year deals might never play for their team.

Even if you're in the "it'll be better over summer" group, there's no way a second wave isn't hitting in the fall barring a vaccine and it might mean the season gets shut down after like two months.

The Brady signing is official as well.

It still feels so weird.  I mean when Peyton went to Denver he was going to a team that had just been in the playoffs and was viewed as a contender.  Brady's leaving an annual bye to January to play for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 seasons.