2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

I really think the Panthers are making a mistake moving on from Newton. Bet he ends up in New England and rips the league up again, wouldn't that be typical.

Brady in a Buccaneers jersey is unfathomable to me. I don't think my brain will process it if it becomes reality and I actually have to see it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

I really think the Panthers are making a mistake moving on from Newton. Bet he ends up in New England and rips the league up again, wouldn't that be typical.

Brady in a Buccaneers jersey is unfathomable to me. I don't think my brain will process it if it becomes reality and I actually have to see it.

Do the Panthers have a backup plan or they going full tank?

1 minute ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Rumors came out a few weeks ago they’re tanking for Trevor.

lmao - good luck with that - tanking rarely works unless the guy is a generational top talent

2 hours ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Oh my god the AFC east champions are gonna be like 6-10

The Pats will still go 11-5 and keep rolling without Brady. 

In fact, just my own thoughts, but I'd guess Bill Belicheck continues keeping the Pats humming. Just a hunch.

35 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Chase Daniel to Detroit.

Who the fuck is that?>

Neither side will admit it but Belichick vs. Brady is definitely a storyline the media will talk up for the next two seasons or however long Brady keeps playing.  They've been tied to the hip.  Now's their chance to show they can win without each other.

The safe bet is Belichick.  Everyone points to 2008 being the one year they missed the playoffs and it was the year Brady was gone, but they went 11-5 with Matt frickin Cassel.  An 11 win season without a playoff berth is extremely rare.

Moreover, when Bill isn't being grumpy and actually breaks down game film (such as the NFL 100 specials)...the guy is basically a football genius.

Saw speculation that Bridgewater chose the Panthers over the Pats for the opportunity to work with Joe Brady.  Sure that’s it, he didn’t want to go play for the franchise that has had 20 years of unprecedented success, he would rather play for Joe Brady.   Surely it’s not because of money.

4 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Signing Bridgewater is good for the panthers but doesn't that kind of shoot holes in their leverage to get something good for Cam?

They have little leverage anyway as whoever takes him will have to give him a new contract. You're basically negotiating with teams for the exclusive rights to sign him. 

Still, I'd wager it'll be a better return than what Houston got for Nuk.