2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

17 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

One of the worst trades in history. Stunning.

I think you mean best :shifty:.

I am speechless. Hopkins is an incredible acquisition. Even one year of him and Fitz on the same team is going to be wild.

Just now, damsher hatfield said:

Him inheriting JJ Watt is like John Harbaugh inheriting Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. You can see where O'Brien is fucking up by comparing it to where the Ravens had success.

Doesn’t help that JJ Watt can’t play a full season 

Funny to think about how mad I was at the Beckham trade this time last year.

Not only has he retained a shitty attitude in Cleveland and he barely did anything on the field last year...but what the Giants got in return is miles and miles ahead of what the Texans got for Hopkins.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

They wanted to restructure his contract since they have not a lot of cap flexibility but they didn't need to make this trade now since Watson remains on his rookie deal.

Also the Bears are considering signing Bridgewater to be their starter 

Oh my god that would be amazing! :w00t:

• Like 1

FWIW as a Bears fan I don't think Bridgewater is the answer at all.  You're going to have to pay that man well.  And he is an upgrade at the position, but he's not the kind of talent that is going to solve all of the Bears woes last year.  It wasn't JUST Trubisky.  You already have Trubisky, what's done is done.  You have one more cheap year.  Either get someone legitimately good or put him in a better situation and see what happens.  If he flames out again, you've created a better team for a new cheap rookie QB to inherit, and you hope they take advantage and you hit on one this time.  If he doesn't, you're still probably not going to have to pay top dollar to resign him.  Maybe not even as much as you'd pay Bridgewater now.  Bridgewater is solid, but it would have taken a whole lot more than him to make the Bears last year a good team and I don't think he's the guy you build your franchise around with a big money deal.