2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

So that's in effect Hopkins for Johnson and Cooks? Looks like Cooks cap hit is higher than what Hopkins' is for this year too and their deals are basically the identical.

That's some terrible business overall.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

If the NFL has any authority over this, Dak will be fined $200,000.....and Zeke will be banned for life by Goodell.

I forgot that the NFL exists to deliberately stifle the poor innocent Cowboys. Lol.

Fuck them, the selfish pricks. 1000s of people are dying, they deserve everything they get. 

@TCO my comment was a joke because of how Goodell punished Zeke in the past over straight up fishy bullshit, and him being so damned arbitrary in how he handles things.

What they did was stupid, and I agree with @Pooker that suspensions are in order. If it was something like them breaking a mandatory curfew on a game weekend, I could see slapping them on the hand. But this is a pandemic, not a gme day scenario.

I have the game on DVD and have watched it several times in the last 12 years but I couldn’t help but tune in to the SB42 re-air FOX is doing.  I was only 19 when it happened and it’ll probably always be the peak of my sports fandom.  Haven’t experienced sports euphoria like that since. 

It's still wild to remember that living in Philadelphia at the time the whole city seemingly was rooting for the Giants. I remember the next day in class this one guy just said "That was the only time I ever rooted for New York to win in anything."

Amazing how much contempt that New England time generated from everyone. Despite having won 3 Super Bowls they didn't really feel like heels until that season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

@TCO my comment was a joke because of how Goodell punished Zeke in the past over straight up fishy bullshit, and him being so damned arbitrary in how he handles things.

What they did was stupid, and I agree with @Pooker that suspensions are in order. If it was something like them breaking a mandatory curfew on a game weekend, I could see slapping them on the hand. But this is a pandemic, not a gme day scenario.

Oh, I was just making a joke about how stupid the NFL is at suspending players. I don't think they should be suspended. If they get fined or charged by the city, then maybe a suspension or a fine would be in order. But if the city of Dallas doesn't do anything, no need for the NFL to do anything.