2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

It's been 24 hours and 21 minutes since it started, but the STEELERS ARE ON THE CLOCK!

I want Hurts so we can get rid of Captain MAGA as our back-up for when Ben gets injured in Week 2. I expect we won't do that. Probably a RB or WR.

Just now, RoHitman Reigns said:

Dallas getting steals this draft for sure. First Lamb falls and then Diggs? I'm very happy so far.

Agreeeeed.  So happy we didn’t reach for a DB in the first round.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

We picked in like 10 seconds :P

Notre Dame huh? Hey Meacon is Cole Kmet good?

He’s not super athletic. He has very good hands though. And he’s a very good run blocker. But he’s very much more of a traditional tight end. If he can stay healthy he could be a serviceable starter. 

If you want to see him against top ranked competition, watch what he did against Georgia in the ND/Georgia game this past season. Georgia’s defenders had no answer for him. Of course, this is the NFL where things are more balanced and the elite athletes takeover, which is why I think serviceable starter is probably his ceiling. Good, smart, hardworking kid though. You won’t ever have to worry about him killing someone or domestic abuse or any of that dumb stuff. So yay?

4 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

J! K! DOBBINS!

I really love this pick because he's an excellent blocker and you can't play RB in Baltimore if you can't block.

Quite jealous. We have Lindsay and Gordon so I knew we’d never get him. But at least he ended up on a team that’ll let him be the bruiser he can be.

• Like 2

I'm not too clued up on College ball, how come Jalen Hurts was only a 2nd Round pick? He seemed to have a bit of buzz a few months ago and was being talked up quite a bit. Second in the Heisman reckoning.

Surprised the Eagles have gone for a QB as well, considering Wentz.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm not too clued up on College ball, how come Jalen Hurts was only a 2nd Round pick? He seemed to have a bit of buzz a few months ago and was being talked up quite a bit. Second in the Heisman reckoning.

Very good athlete, but not the greatest QB. He got beat out his junior year by a true freshman QB (Tua, drafted by the Dolphins), because he just made careless, brainless mistakes despite having the best offensive line and receivers in the country. He's a very good athlete and makes some jaw-dropping plays, but then he'll be thrown off by the most basic defensive reads and throw into double coverage. So the talent is there, but he's also someone who needs a lot of coaching and seasoning. 

• Thanks 1