2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

I am very pleasantly surprised. It's definitely not the route I wanted to take, but i can understand why to some degree. The defense needed help everywhere, you just hope Okudah was the right pick and not Simmons, Brown, or even Tua. 

Good with the RB, kind of didn't like it at first but it makes sense. Kerryon Johnson probably will always be injury prone and Bo Scarborough was a nice surprise but you need more. When I really thought about it, we were really weak at running back. I love the skillset, but the fumbling obviously is a concern (huge for me...).

Okwara, sounds good to me. May have gotten a good value here, @Mr. Meacon Moneybags Fair to say he probably goes higher if not for the broken leg? Also cool to see him play alongside his brother, so even if we suck again that'll be fun. 

And then I can see why people would be pissed that we moved up for the guard but he sounds like he can play,  and we didn't give up too much really. I bet he's a reliable plug and play starter.

Okwara was being talked about late first/early second before his injury. You got a good one there. He takes some plays off, that’s the knock. But that was usually against teams like Vanderbilt or Ball State. But against USC and the likes, he’s on and a beast. Since it’s the NFL, he should be on constantly.

In short: the talent is there. Let’s hope the work ethic is as well.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

That Luke Bryan song they awkwardly shoehorned into the broadcast is one of the worst things I’ve heard.  Modern country music is trash.

You mean you didn't hit mute like the rest of us? Why is that?

It's very annoying how behind ESPN are on discussing the picks, to boot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lineker said:

It's very annoying how behind ESPN are on discussing the picks, to boot.

Seemingly obsessive coverage of Jake Fromm.  I realize that quarterbacks are always going to get a lot of coverage because of their familiarity to the average fan, but come on.  They will have a field day making Brady comparisons if the Pats take him.

• Like 1

There's a shortlist of guys I'd love the Giants to take with this next pick, a few guys I'm surprised are still on the board.  Guys at positions of need, no less.

That said, drafting for need on day three generally isn't a great idea.  Day three picks are lottery tickets and the odds of getting a starter are low.  If you have a higher ranked player at a spot that isn't exactly a need but you can see them contributing on special teams, that's a better bet.

• Like 1

This is the weirdest draft class I can remember the Giants ever having.  10 picks...three offensive linemen, three defensive backs, four linebackers.

I think Gettleman killed it in the first five rounds but don’t know enough about the sixth/seventh rounders to say anything.  I know you’re just looking for special teams and practice squad depth by then but not diversifying positions a bit is surprising.

Deepest WR class in the last 25 years and they didn’t take any of them.  I know their top three are solid but Sterling Shepard had multiple concussions last year and Golden Tate is 32 years old.