Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Except that's not really what he said.

Daily Mail warning - Clattenburg says there was 'an aura' about Fergie's United that allegedly caused them to get favourable decisions. Such a thing is massively subjective - as subjective as Clattenburg's other assertions in this article, like when he says that Klopp is attempting to influence referees and that Sane and Salah are divers.

• Like 1

The entire interview quoted on the BBC website is alarming, and I'm not even a Newcastle fan.

He basically called himself shit as a player and a manager, compared that to his current squad and said he got where he is through hard work.

Supreme Brexit/Gammon reasoning.

It can only go two ways though, either he somehow gets more out of players who are already playing their arses off despite his shit tactics and team selection, or he doesn't and this rant finally signals Ashley that he's fucking useless.

There are people who didn't want him in the first place, but there are plenty like me who were wary but happy to give him a chance, he's fucking clueless. It's actually not a bad squad and we're defensively very strong, but for some reason he constantly plays this ridiculous tactic where we play 5 defenders (including Paul Dummett as a fucking wing back), then stuffs the midfield to further protect them. The problem is it's a shapeless mess, and since we have zero possession because Wilson is 40 yards from anyone else every side just attacks us for 90 minutes. We've never really been tonked, but if we concede after an hour we're knackered. The luck we had early in the season (last minute equalisers, dodgy penalties) has ran out, and it's starting to feel like McLaren all over again.

He's been claiming it's a work in progress for months, yet after 18 months we're going backwards, and pundits are finally noticing rather than just parroting the "fans need to realise it's not 1995" line.

• Like 1

I hope Arsenal are ready for Bruceball 2.0, where football is revolutionised to it's very core and Arteta and his team doesn't know what has hit them.

I'm thinking that world record 147-0 is in danger. Callum Wilson FPL triple captain all the way.

Steve Bruce is the Perennially Shit ManagerTM above all others that surprises me in not having managed Norwich, given his time here as a player. The thought occurred to me that he may just not have been available at any point when Norwich had a vacancy, but the opportunities were right there in 2000 and 2012; he literally signed with Hull one day after Chris Hughton replaced Paul Lambert.

Edited by Naitch

6 hours ago, Naitch said:

Steve Bruce is the Perennially Shit ManagerTM above all others that surprises me in not having managed Norwich, given his time here as a player. The thought occurred to me that he may just not have been available at any point when Norwich had a vacancy, but the opportunities were right there in 2000 and 2012; he literally signed with Hull one day after Chris Hughton replaced Paul Lambert.

And he played for Norwich as well - he's even in the Hall of Fame there.

6 hours ago, Naitch said:

17 minutes ago, MadJack said:

And he played for Norwich as well - he's even in the Hall of Fame there.

Did you guys know that Steve Bruce also played for Norwich?

Maybe I'd have a cautious response to it naturally due to my Fulham affinity, but I feel the Robinson red really could have gone either way. A bit like umpire's decision in cricket, that was a yellow if given a yellow and a red if given a red. VAR wasn't going to upgrade or downgrade, which is a good thing tbf.

Silly tackle in a silly place at a silly time. Only has himself to blame ultimately. 

I felt the same about Maguire's disallowed goal against Burnley, and I'm fine with it being the ref's call if I'm honest, as VAR already interferes a lot.

Maguire barely put a hand on the defender and he was always favourite to win the ball, but the ref gave a foul immediately. One of those where if he'd let it go, VAR wouldn't have corrected it either, I don't think.

19 minutes ago, MadJack said:

If Timo Werner fails to score in his next four games, he'll have the same Premier League scoring record as Federico Macheda.

What annoyed me the most is that I didn't loudly espouse as to how I thought he was going to flop in the Prem when he was first signed. He just never struck me as a Premiership-style player. Maybe he will come good, but his struggles haven't surprised me

• Like 1