Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Given that we're already a month behind in the season and we had a shorter break anyway, I don't know why they didn't just scrap the stupid friendly tournament altogether... and the fact we're facing Wales in a friendly as well is just dumb

Just now, Colly said:

Even if the rest have all tested negative? Barring the standard "feign an injury to avoid international duty" I can't really think of a reason why.

A negative test on a day is just like passing your MOT doesn’t mean shit tomorrow.

International football is a fucking awful idea, sending players from 15 different teams to a training camp for them to pick it up, go back and spread it to their teams mean there isn’t an outbreak in one team, but potentially 15

2 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

A negative test on a day is just like passing your MOT doesn’t mean shit tomorrow.

In which case we should shut all football back down again. It's only running because of frequency of testing which all these internationals will be getting before meeting up and then presumably being sensible while together. Obviously not risk free, but barely more risky than what they're doing already.

25 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

If you can’t see the increase in risk by exposing a large group of individuals who are exposed to a completely different large group of individuals on a daily basis, then I don’t know what to tell you.

This is happening on a daily basis in the outside world in workplaces far bigger than an international team without the level of testing that these players are getting on a regular basis, and they're all fit 20-30 somethings. Of course there's a risk, but it's pretty well managed.

• Like 2

Are more people gonna realise that Pickford is a liability and is shit or are they gonna pretend that he's a good goalkeeper?... (Plus he has little arms)