Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I reckon we could score quite a few if we keep targeting them out wide. Having a lot of success down the channels and out wide on the left. 

8 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

The moment I saw Mane run up and leave that right side empty I thought we’re in a lot of trouble there. Really good goal by Jesus, too. 

I do think he didn't mean that touch. 

I also hate the new handball rule as someone who often played centre back or full back it's just a completely daft rule. Basically get punished for natural arm movements

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

They mentioned a crazy amount of pens so far this season, but how many have been for "handball"? This new interpretation is ruining it. Natural silhouette hasn't even come into that decision against Gomez there.

Least they're being consistent... It's a shit rule but they're consistent for once over something 

It's consistent at being shit though. Making it even harder for defenders.

I don't see what was wrong with "deliberate". 

I really like when VAR can give a goal after correcting an offside flag, but they're just trying to award pens for any kind of contact with an arm now.

And this new "part of an arm" being offside is just bollocks too. Haven't seen the Bamford incident but they said he was offside after pointing towards where he wanted the ball played? Fucking hell.

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

The rule's never been 'deliberate' though - most handball penalties, even when the rule said deliberate, were given because the defender gained a material advantage, regardless of whether it was a deliberate or not.

13 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I really like when VAR can give a goal after correcting an offside flag, but they're just trying to award pens for any kind of contact with an arm now.

And this new "part of an arm" being offside is just bollocks too. Haven't seen the Bamford incident but they said he was offside after pointing towards where he wanted the ball played? Fucking hell.

Yeah, the Bamford offside this weekend is the dumbest VAR decision I’ve ever seen, and that’s really saying something. Absolute horseshit. 

It's not really VARs fault though (other than the standard ridiculousness of VAR offside decisions), it's the new handball rule showing just how stupid it is.

I mentioned it in one of Dale Johnson's threads a while back (and got a like...), they changed it to give attackers an advantage and to try to get rid of a bit of debate when an attacker controls with the upper chest (and in doing so just moved the line, which never fucking works), but in actual fact given that happens stupidly rarely they've actually ruled out more perfectly good goals because a striker running or leaning towards goal is now about 6 inches further forward than previously so keep getting nailed offside.

Idiots running the modern game. 

Edited by Colly

In our continuing great fortune, Trent has done in his calf muscle. Hopefully it's not too bad at least.

Milner at RB gives me flashbacks to when we played Palace several years back - I think Klopp's first year in charge honestly - and Milner was shifted to RB... And immediately got sent off. For some reason, still one of the funniest Liverpool moments ever for me and my mate. "Well fuck, Milner really didn't want to play right back!"

I'll take the point. Energy just seemed to disappear after about an hour and it became a repeat of smack it long or down the line and giving it away. 

Considering the injuries we've had and we've had to play City, Chelsea and the derby away and Arsenal at home it's a good start to the season. Would have taken a point before the start of the game. 

• Like 1