Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Yeah, we tired out and played very badly in the second half. Shaqiri especially was dire when he came on. But we defended well, for the most part, and got a point away at the biggest title rival. That's always a good result.

19 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I'll take the point. Energy just seemed to disappear after about an hour and it became a repeat of smack it long or down the line and giving it away. 

Considering the injuries we've had and we've had to play City, Chelsea and the derby away and Arsenal at home it's a good start to the season. Would have taken a point before the start of the game. 

This is what I’ve said, Liverpool have had a stinking first ten games plus injuries and with a result against Leicester in the next game, it’s not so bad at all.

16 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Took almost a full 4 minutes to review as well. 

Guarantee no more than 3 minutes added time at the end of the half too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I reckon we’ve gotten away with one there. Barkley was offside but Leno wasn’t getting to that shot, two years ago and nobody would be asking any questions of that goal.

Took almost a full 4 minutes to review as well. 

There's a Tiote gif for everything. 

tiote-man-city.gif

Edited by Colly
  • Thanks 1

He's been largely awful after that first game at Fulham. I really don't get why Pepe can't get a start ahead of him but its looking more and more like Arteta isn't going to be the genius instant fix we hoped.

3 hours ago, Kaney said:

He's been largely awful after that first game at Fulham. I really don't get why Pepe can't get a start ahead of him but its looking more and more like Arteta isn't going to be the genius instant fix we hoped.

I'm still keeping some semblance of faith but he needs to loosen up a little and let the players creative freedom come out, he seems like he's trying to rehearse patterns of play over and over and over again and it doesn't always work. 

Lacazette and Willian need some time on the bench and Joe Willock should be being featured in the league more, puzzling that he wasn't even in the squad after his last two European performances. We still have a huge problem with creating chances and runners from midfield and he's the closest thing we have to the latter - to me he's a similar player to Ramsey and we need that sort at the moment. 

• Like 1