Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

33 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Even our birthday wishes to former club legends are sponsored nowadays.

This post was brought to you by Manchester United Football Club and Baddar, official EWB message board poster partner of Manchester United Football Club.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on that penalty United were allowed to retake? 

I don’t see how the attacker is allowed to do that ridiculous dummy when approaching to take the kick but then the keeper is penalised for coming off his line. Ludicrous to me.

• Like 1

Keepers really have it hard when it comes to pens. I don't think they should be able to jump out near the edge of the six yard box, but needing a foot planted on the line is overly picky.

I do think Bruno got a touch on the ball for the West Brom one, but the use of VAR there was odd as I don't think the ref made an obvious mistake by awarding the pen in the first place.

• Like 1

I've been saying it for months, the last thing strikers needed was even more advantage on a penalty. It's not even a massive rule change, in theory they needed both feet on the line previously, but referees and liners judged it and only retook of they took the piss. I know that's been inconsistent occasionally, especially in penalty shootouts, but it wasn't enough of an issue to bring the change in to the extent that keepers have to think like runners avoiding a false start while strikers can hop, skip and jump up to the ball. Another "easy win" for VAR that's changed a mechanic of the game to suit it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

6hjzpefojr061.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

The ol' 5-5-0

The only entertaining thing about watching us on tv is the pundits (who've had us several times so have no escuse) starting the game accusing the fans of "wanting Kevin Keegan football", before rapidly descending into laughing at the fact our attacking throwins end up with our keeper. The penny will drop one day, but I think Mcmanaman is stuck in Groundhog Day.