Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I'm not too fond of Liverpool but that's a soft as shite pen for Brighton.

Yet Dermot will say during Ref Watch that letter of the law says it's a foul as he's made contact with the man and not the ball.

But has Atwell made a clear error by not awarding a pen in the first place? Welbeck wasn't even affected that much by the slight contact.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm not trying to bait anyone here, but I really don't like this version of Klopp at the moment, he's coming across like a spoiled brat.

Frustration will be a lot of it. Squads riddled with injuries and we've got another one, it's not like half of them are contact injuries they're mainly muscular and ones before every team is playing a stupid amount of games. That and we've played crap today. Probably feeling the strain a lot, he's not the only manager moaning ATM. 

It's a pen in today's game but it is soft. You'd hardly ever get that given a few years ago. I don't think you could say that was a clear and obvious error.

We didn't deserve to win just annoying that it's an added time penalty. 

Just now, DavidMarrio said:

Frustration will be a lot of it. Squads riddled with injuries and we've got another one, it's not like half of them are contact injuries they're mainly muscular and ones before every team is playing a stupid amount of games. That and we've played crap today. Probably feeling the strain a lot, he's not the only manager moaning ATM. 

It's a pen but it is soft. We didn't deserve to win, 

I'm with you and I get that, but the whole applauding the officials sarcastically and his general demeanour today was pretty shitty. Just always had him down as a bit classier than all this, so probably irks me more. 

• Like 1

Klopp should do some self reflecting and be pissed at himself too. Yes, the Premier League is fucking stupid for not approving 5 subs, but he allowed his squad to enter this season massively thin at CB and RB and we're paying for it. He (and Edwards) brought some of this on himself for not ensuring Lovren was replaced/a senior RB was brought in.

That penalty never gets given if there was no such thing as VAR.

Generally, I think the problem with the implementation of VAR is that "technically correct" descisions get made when incredibly minor breaches of a rule take place. It's a poor implementation of technology overall.

2 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Klopp should do some self reflecting and be pissed at himself too. Yes, the Premier League is fucking stupid for not approving 5 subs, but he allowed his squad to enter this season massively thin at CB and RB and we're paying for it. He (and Edwards) brought some of this on himself for not ensuring Lovren was replaced/a senior RB was brought in.

The clubs voted on this, no?

20 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm not trying to bait anyone here, but I really don't like this version of Klopp at the moment, he's coming across like a spoiled brat.

You listening to his interview? Man’s fucking losing it.

Des Kelly has handled it perfectly, making valid points while Jurgen goes off on one. He also really doesn’t seem to like Chris Wilder.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm with you and I get that, but the whole applauding the officials sarcastically and his general demeanour today was pretty shitty. Just always had him down as a bit classier than all this, so probably irks me more. 

Oh yeh totally agree. There's no need to be a dick and do that. 

Think Klopp's problem is he is an emotional person  and very heart on your sleeve and it can paint you in both lights. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cymbols said:

You listening to his interview? Man’s fucking losing it.

Des Kelly has handled it perfectly, making valid points while Jurgen goes off on one. He also really doesn’t seem to like Chris Wilder.

Playing on Wednesday and 12:30 on a Saturday is dangerous apparently. Fucking hell. 

Literally anybody else in his position would have done the same. Not sure why everyone thinks Klopp is supposed to be super cool even if correct decisions go against him, every manager’s been annoyed at some point or another. He’s obviously just frustrated at the moment 😕

Soft foul or not, it was still a foul and a correct decision. There’s no such thing as a soft free kick or a soft penalty. Even Klopp said he admitted it was the correct decision.

8 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Nate Phillips and Rhys have been brilliant even as kid back ups (I think Phillips is 23 or something though), and Neco is 19 and is the third back up behind TAA and Milner. We’ve still only let in, what, 6 goals in 10 games since VVD got injured? It’s not last season, sure, but we’re not exactly drowning.

34 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

He's had moments like this over the last few years but it often gets passed off as Klopp's quirky passion, and now it seems he's letting himself show more of this side of him that is not too pleasant.

I know I'm biased but when he sprinted across the pitch in front of everyone after Pickford's 95th minute fumble in the derby (a dire game worthy of 0-0) was the moment I realised Klopp was capable of being a right knob. It was unsportsmanlike and cocky yet all everyone did was harp on about how great his passion was.

I'm bored of Klopp. I'm bored that he's surprised players are fatigued when they have to win the ball high up the pitch, fullbacks spend more time in the opposition's final third than their own and midfielders drive from box to box. I'm bored he wants the success without the trappings of being a successful club - yes, you will be picked for televised games at irritating times; yes, winning matches means you progress in a competition no matter how pointless you find them. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Sounds like a good reason for why we should have VAR then.

My point being, without VAR nobody, likely, pays much attention to it. It seemed like nothing in real time.  Maybe Wellbeck appeals but nothing happens and over a replay a commentator says "he would've been lucky if that got given".

I don't think VAR is well implemented in the Premier League as whole. At times it seems the overtly technical levels at which it is often implemented are done so to justify it being used in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I'm bored of Klopp. I'm bored that he's surprised players are fatigued when they have to win the ball high up the pitch, fullbacks spend more time in the opposition's final third than their own and midfielders drive from box to box. I'm bored he wants the success without the trappings of being a successful club - yes, you will be picked for televised games at irritating times; yes, winning matches means you progress in a competition no matter how pointless you find them. 

It's this nonsense of the 12:30 kickoff that gets me though, unless someone can point me to some evidence that it's somehow more dangerous for a player to play at home on a Wednesday night then 12:30 Saturday rather than 3pm I'll let him off, but it feels like utter bollocks. Europa League sides have been playing Thursday nights (often at the arse end of Europe) then 1 or 2 on Sunday for decades, and it's never been mentioned before. I know it's an odd season with a very short gap (not that small though, there would've been a summer tournament he could have been whinging about instead) but I find this most recent complaint absurd.

They've got Ajax on Tuesday, if they gave him a different kickoff time he'd be complaining it was too close to that one...

• Like 2