Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

9 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

That has to be a yellow card for Coady.

Referees are encouraging this kind of stuff so much, especially in the VAR era. Players will dive and/or go down in the box under minimal contact to win a soft/bullshit penalty, and the referees/VAR not only are likely to give the penalty, but they don't punish the attacker if he does dive/simulate. It's absolutely ridiculous how much they enable it.

They can't review yellow card incidents through VAR, can they? It does open up the question now of whether that means the referee hasn't seen the incident in real-time and thus Coady retrospectively gets punished for diving.

Really good performance to keep up with the pace being set. No injuries of note coming out of this hopefully and with the group stage already being wrapped up can just rotate as much as we can and then it's Fulham on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Apparently Kelleher played in the first half with his name spelt wrong on his jersey 🤣

Its the easier part of his name to spell for a non Irish person too!

Tottenham sat deep like classic Jose football, especially since they got an early goal. All they had to do was defend and counter, and Arsenal attacked like David Moyes United, aka it was very easy for them to defend.

12 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Tottenham sat deep like classic Jose football, especially since they got an early goal. All they had to do was defend and counter, and Arsenal attacked like David Moyes United, aka it was very easy for them to defend.

The game reminded me of early UFC fights where a Gracie would lie on the mat on their back and invite a kickboxer to come and sit in their guard. What's the worst that could happen?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Since the start of October Arsenal have committed more foul throws (5) than they've scored goals (4).

Don't know what's more shocking. That stat or foul throws being given 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MadJack said:

It's all Bellerin, who remains the only player I can ever remember having had a foul throw given against him.

I remember Ivanovic did once......like, 10 years ago.

Yep, that's it. :shifty: 

Referees and Assistant Refs are told not to bother looking for foul throws these days because "more important things are happening elsewhere on the field", or at least that was the case a couple of seasons ago. Madness and it has led to a real lowering of standards on them. We played Hull last week and every single time their player went to do a long throw he had one foot just fully on the pitch and nobody batted an eyelid.

Of all Arsene Wenger's daft ideas he's come out with recently, replacing throw ins with kick-ins is something I'd actually be all for.

Pogba's agent has very publicly said that Pogba wants to leave United, and it needs to happen in January. The fact that he did this, I'm sure with Pogba's blessing, the week of a crucial UCL fixture and the derby says everything about the kind of cunts they are. That's pretty fucked up