2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

I know that's not the point of the Heisman, and I even said I think sentiment was the main reason he got it. But as a human being, I was and am happy for him that he won. I think Oklahoma ran every play out of the Shotgun that year, he couldn't really scramble, and he still had a great season. It's incredible what he did, all things considered. Just, okay? 😞

He was throwing to a good group of WRs (including one of the many failed Ravens WR draft picks in Mark Clayton) in an OU offense which is always really well-designed.

It was nice for White to have that season but Fitzgerald was phenomenal in college in a way we've only seen from a few WRs.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

He deleted that Tweet less than half an hour after posting it. And it came off more like he's done with the Titans than that they are done with him. The Titans' GM gave him an ultimatum, so its probably no skin off their nose if he's no longer a Titan. He's more trouble than he is worth.

I wonder if Washington's name change being held up has anything to do with what's going on with the ownership situation. If Snyder is forced out, it might not happen until close to the season. I can see the other shareholders and any potential new owner not wanting to be stuck with a new name that he had anything to do with picking.

1 hour ago, livid said:

I know they don't have too many alternatives but yikes. It was clear he's as washed as Brees now. 

Yeah he looked terrible the back half of the season. And I doubt his arm will improve at all during next season.

But unless Mac Jones is magically there for them they're going another draft without addressing the QB position long-term.