Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

If further proof were needed that Newcastle are back on the footballing map, there's a guy selling half and half scarves. Genuinely baffled by anyone who would want a scarf for a February league game, but someone was buying.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I'm a bit curious why Bruno Guimaraes hasn't featured in the squad yet. I expect his emergence as a regular is coming but for a squad in the relegation zone it's odd to see the manager decide to hold off on putting arguably your biggest signing out there.

Just to be picky "not featured in the squad" isn't really accurate given he's come on in both games since he signed. Generally though he's only really been with the squad a week, and in the position he plays he has to get used to his team mates, Howe's said he'll ease him in. I think he'd have got half an hour today if we hadn't already used two subs early for injuries.

Genuinely enjoying games again, makes a bloody change.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I'm a bit curious why Bruno Guimaraes hasn't featured in the squad yet. I expect his emergence as a regular is coming but for a squad in the relegation zone it's odd to see the manager decide to hold off on putting arguably your biggest signing out there.

Language barrier?

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

You don't need him when you've got Joelinton.

Given there's no suggestion it would prevent "traditional" qualification, yes I'd very much hope so.

Surely this is something that can be negotiated properly, it feels ridiculous to drop the whole thing solely for that.