Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

5 hours ago, Colly said:

I know it's minor I the grand scheme of things, but referee positioning has become a real issue recently. Whether they're trying to get "close to big decisions" or something, they're in the way an awful lot more than they used to, with wingers cutting inside regularly having to dodge a ref blocking a pass or run. At one point against Liverpool last week Bruno had to nutmeg the ref in the penalty area...

I think it has to be a directive from somewhere, hence that rule change that a change of possession after a touch by a ref is a stop in play now, but that only half solves the problem. Stupid refs.

Refs are taught that they should move from the corner of one penalty area to the opposite corner of the opposite penalty area, which generally puts them right in position to block the run of a left winger cutting inside.

I am very nervous for tonight.

Watford have so many injuries too. They have players starting that I've not heard of, and one of their subs is Tiago Cukur, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Doncaster where I can attest he was atrocious throughout.

Nailed on he comes on and scores the winner then.

43 minutes ago, Adam said:

I am very nervous for tonight.

Watford have so many injuries too. They have players starting that I've not heard of, and one of their subs is Tiago Cukur, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Doncaster where I can attest he was atrocious throughout.

Nailed on he comes on and scores the winner then.

I don't it's so much injuries as it's Hodgson has basically gone on holiday, it seems like? 

23 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

I don't it's so much injuries as it's Hodgson has basically gone on holiday, it seems like? 

They have about 10 out with injury or illness, and one suspended. Not sure Hodgson would choose to play so many fringe lads on purpose.

It hasn't helped us so far anyway!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Thought he was still suffering with shingles or something?

Oh sorry, I had no idea he was, I just meant I thought he was just playing the younger members of the squad as Watford had been relegated already. 

This is honestly just awful. I'd have rather have gone down with Bielsa with some honour than going down with a whimper. 

I said before I didn't think I could watch football again after Bielsaball and I feel like that's holding true; I'll watch us inevitably get relegated in the hope that we somehow don't but I can't go back to watching dinosaur football... I guess I'll just become a plastic watching teams like City and Liverpool for entertainment purposes rather than supporting anyone.

Bielsa spoiled me and now I hate most football

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Adam said:

It's a disgrace that, and he's gone off injured.

If I was James' manager I'd not play him again, had I a choice. Awful mentality.

Ayling and James getting sent off in consecutive weeks with idiotic tackles like that, to me, speaks to Jesse Marsch having no control over his players. This was a problem at Leipzig too. Players didn't listen to his tactical instructions, rebelled against him, and went over his head to force him out. He has a questionable man management history, and it's not surprising to me if it's a problem at Leeds either.

The players don't look like they want to play for him. I don't think either got deliberately sent off but they both just lost their heads and there's been a few other instances of it since Marsch took over. It's hard to blame them too much either, they've gone from playing under Bielsa, a manager who made average championship players look like premier league players, to playing for a cheerleader who looks like he has no idea. 

People, myself included at the time, got caught up in the good results he got us but in hindsight what were they really: we beat Watford who were trying to hold on to a 1-0 defeat, spawned a result against Wolves who fell to pieces and needed a 94th minute winner against Norwich.

We need Burnley to not pick up anything and pray we pick up a point against Brighton or Brentford. Fuck me, that's depressing.