NFL 2021

Lineker

Rumor is Balaake wants Jacksonville to interview Bill O’Brien,  because apparently Trevor Lawrence must never be allowed to develop into an NFL caliber QB.

• Haha 5

"ESPN's Bill Barnwell was one person who sat down and questioned if what Judge was saying was true, and the results were ... interesting. 

Basically, of the 34 players who appeared on the Giants active roster last year and are no longer part of the team this year, the only player who could fit Judge's description of having signed elsewhere for more money is defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson, who left the Giants this offseason on a two-year, $22 million contract with the Minnesota Vikings."

Source:

• Admin

1 hour ago, Merry Christmaxx said:

Rumor is Balaake wants Jacksonville to interview Bill O’Brien,  because apparently Trevor Lawrence must never be allowed to develop into an NFL caliber QB.

Ohmygod that would be amazingly funny.

5 minutes ago, damshow said:

"ESPN's Bill Barnwell was one person who sat down and questioned if what Judge was saying was true, and the results were ... interesting. 

Basically, of the 34 players who appeared on the Giants active roster last year and are no longer part of the team this year, the only player who could fit Judge's description of having signed elsewhere for more money is defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson, who left the Giants this offseason on a two-year, $22 million contract with the Minnesota Vikings."

Source:

Talk about a Sophie's Choice: Joe Judge or Mike Zimmer. 

• Haha 1

Perhaps bringing a bunch fresh out of college kids to a city where every vice is readily available and giving them millions of dollars was a bad idea.

• Like 2

HOF Modern Era finalists (5 of these 15 will be inducted):

Jared Allen
Willie Anderson (first time finalist)
Ronde Barber
Tony Boselli
LeRoy Butler
Andre Johnson (first time finalist, first year eligible)
Devin Hester (first time finalist, first year eligible)
Torry Holt
Sam Mills
Richard Seymour
Zach Thomas
DeMarcus Ware (first time finalist, first year eligible)
Reggie Wayne
Patrick Willis (first time finalist)
Bryant Young

Nothing against Andre Johnson, but I have no idea how he was selected to be a finalist in his first year and Steve Smith wasn't.  There is a definite logjam at WR and there has been for some time, but still.  Of the two receivers on here, Holt has been waiting for ages and really needs to go in.

Ware has a very compelling case to go in first ballot, but so did Jared Allen whose resume is similar and yet he had to wait.  That one is a toss up, always possible they both go in but the committee seems to like breaking up positions.

Hester making it as a finalist immediately is fairly shocking, in a good way.  That shows enough voters recognize how capable he was of changing an entire game in one play.  I believe every position needs to have a GOAT and there was nobody better at his job than Devin Hester.

I know he's pretty much despised here, and he's given more than enough reasons to warrant it, but I'm glad Ben got to win his final match at Heinz Field, and I kind wish he was retiring now instead of after next week after what I assume will be a loss to the Ravens. He's the only proper starting QB I've ever known at the Steelers as I started following the NFL the year after he was drafted, and he was the figurehead behind both the Super Bowls I've watched us win since that time.

The very immediate problem is that, without a significant free agency move which isn't really the Steelers way, we have nobody ready to replace him who's any good, and lord knows we've had enough time to sort that out.

8 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

after next week after what I assume will be a loss to the Ravens.

At this point, I can't really say the Ravens are gonna win. The team's depleted, and all that fire they played with early on in the season isn't going to help the team getting past that late season hump with such a weakened team.

Lamar's still not officially on the active list either, and whilst Huntley has been really good filling in for him (and Johnson too), Lamar's dynanicism was what pulled the team through early on in the season. It's gonna be hard for the Ravens.