NFL 2021

Lineker

5 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Doesn’t help that Dak seemed to be on board with it.

No Dak, you fucked up.

Also, I will love how people here continue to trash Eagles fans in the future when this happened

Looked back at last year’s playoffs.  The 7th (Colts and Seahawks) at least had respectable showings against the 2nd seeds (Bills and Rams).  Those games were fun.

But it was a notoriously weird season with COVID in full swing.  I’d expect this year’s blowouts to be the norm most of the time.

6 hours ago, Lint said:

No Dak, you fucked up.

Also, I will love how people here continue to trash Eagles fans in the future when this happened

It was a fuck up by the refs as much as it was Dak.

And I will trash Eagles fans until Hell freezes over and beyond. They deserve their bad rep.

Eagles fans really do not deserve their rep. I lived there, I know a ton of Eagles fans. Every bit of bad behavior by their fans gets discussed ad nauseam. All other teams have similarly bad fans but it's not part of the narrative everyone wants to hear.

I've seen and heard some absolutely vile things out of Ravens fans, Steelers fans, and Washington fans that would make the supposedly bad Philly fans blush.

11 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Looked back at last year’s playoffs.  The 7th (Colts and Seahawks) at least had respectable showings against the 2nd seeds (Bills and Rams).  Those games were fun.

But it was a notoriously weird season with COVID in full swing.  I’d expect this year’s blowouts to be the norm most of the time.

The 6 seeds barely ever won and the ones that did tended to be a team that got hot just at the right time. The same will probably be said for the 7 seeds that do win but it feels even more unlikely. The 5 seed can easily be the 2nd best team in the conference and maybe the 6 seed is the 3rd. It's basically impossible for the 7th seed to be the 4th best team in the conference though, would take historically bad teams from all the other divisions to make it happen.

So realistically the 5th or 6th best team in a conference might wind up the 7 seed but they don't have the luxury of playing potentially bad division champs as the 2nd seed will all but certainly be as good or better than any wild card teams.

• Like 1

The Colts losing really messed up the AFC side.  Steelers had no business in the playoffs...I'm sure the Chiefs still beat the Chargers or Raiders but I feel like it surely would've been a lot more fun of a game to watch.

People will make the argument that because the 2 seed is overwhelmingly likely to win, it has no actual impact on the bracket so the system is fine.  But the game is just another chance to have injuries.  I'm sure the Bucs aren't thrilled at having to face Donald or Watt after losing 2 linemen in a game they probably shouldn't have had to play.

1 minute ago, CM Busch said:

The Colts losing really messed up the AFC side.  Steelers had no business in the playoffs...I'm sure the Chiefs still beat the Chargers or Raiders but I feel like it surely would've been a lot more fun of a game to watch.

People will make the argument that because the 2 seed is overwhelmingly likely to win, it has no actual impact on the bracket so the system is fine.  But the game is just another chance to have injuries.  I'm sure the Bucs aren't thrilled at having to face Donald or Watt after losing 2 linemen in a game they probably shouldn't have had to play.

Are you implying the NFL cares more about adding meaningless games to increase revenue than they do about player safety?!

• Haha 2

On the subject of bad fans, I had an old coworker that used to do security for both the 49ers and the Raiders back in the 90s. He said that the 49er fans were the worst and more likely to start fights, while Raider fans were some of the nicest people he ever met.

24 minutes ago, Pooker said:

On the subject of bad fans, I had an old coworker that used to do security for both the 49ers and the Raiders back in the 90s. He said that the 49er fans were the worst and more likely to start fights, while Raider fans were some of the nicest people he ever met.

I've heard that SF fans, I guess more pre-gentrification, were about as rough and abusive as it gets. People chucked batteries at Candlestick like it was the same as breathing air. Giants and Niners fans both.

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

It was a fuck up by the refs as much as it was Dak.

And I will trash Eagles fans until Hell freezes over and beyond. They deserve their bad rep.

How was it a fuck up by the refs? The announcers explained the ref has to touch the ball. Dak should have found him and handed it to him instead of trying to snap it himself. He also shouldn't have run the ball either but that's a completely different topic

Rhule has been in some hot water lately in Carolina and needs to reportedly hire a “rockstar” offensive coordinator to save his job. He is going to interview current Dallas Cowboys consultant Ben McAdoo for the role.

:lol:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1