NFL 2021

Lineker

I am a long suffering Bears fan and every time I see or hear that stupid Rodgers "owning" thing I suffer even more. I don't ask for much. Just let us win this one! And the commentary is making it even worse. Shut the fuck up

And the Packers get a pick 6 barely 30 seconds later. Did I make this happen? Am I cursed? :( 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Have I mentioned my long held policy that all games should only last one quarter? :shifty:

3-0 Bears! :w00t:

How about one half instead!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I am a long suffering Bears fan and every time I see or hear that stupid Rodgers "owning" thing I suffer even more. I don't ask for much. Just let us win this one! And the commentary is making it even worse. Shut the fuck up

And the Packers get a pick 6 barely 30 seconds later. Did I make this happen? Am I cursed? :( 

Football is a dumb sport, good thing it's college basketball season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I don't know what it is about this season in particular but I've been questioning my Bears fandom lately. I chose the Bears as my team after watching my first game, the 2007 Super Bowl with the Bears vs Colts. Since then I think there have been about three seasons where it's felt fun to be a Bears' fan.

Even if Justin Fields is the guy, he has very few weapons and a patchwork o-line to work with. The defense is getting old fast too. It feels like the Bears are destined to be mediocre at best for at least length of Fields' rookie contract.

I'm really hoping Jonathan Taylor can keep up his strong play and take home MVP.  Pretty much no choice but to play out of your mind to get it as a non-QB and he's well on his way, plus the QBs all have reasons to not get it.

-Brady is Brady, he's got a billion MVPs already but the team is also loaded
-Mahomes looked awful for a large part of the season and has only started to really turn it on the last few weeks
-Kyle missing three games would make it tough to ever win MVP, especially when Colt McCoy won two of the games he missed
-Rodgers, statistically, should be in the running and Jordan Love looked like crap when he was out which kinda helps him, but he also missed that game for being an unvaccinated dunce and the writers probably/hopefully won't reward him

Josh Allen has had too many clunkers and probably played his way out of the conversation. TJ Watt is a trendy "we should give this to defensive guys sometimes" name but I don't think he makes as big an impact as people make out. Not even the best pass rusher in his division. Cooper Kupp and Jonathan Taylor are prime "not a QB" guys. I think it goes to Brady, especially if the Bucs win out, but it's far from a certainty.

Anyway, what I actually came in here to post was this. For our soon to be one-and-done "coaching genius".

FGg7Tu_XwAEl97C.jpeg

On the MVP debate, I do think Brady will win it. I obviously want Kyler Murray to get it but I think the only way he would after missing three games is if he balls out and gets us the #1 seed in spectacular fashion now, which I doubt will happen.

That game was play-called by Year 1 Kingsbury for some reason. Woeful stuff at times.

We've lost three games, all at home. Our TNF game on the last play, our MNF game, and a weird loss to Carolina with Colt McCoy at QB. Maybe being an unfancied road team will suit us in the Play Offs rather than being a favourite.

Tons of positive COVID cases league wide, including 17 players and 2 coaches on the Browns alone

• Admin

It's official: Super Bowl LVIII is headed to Las Vegas.

Raiders owner Mark Davis announced Wednesday that the sport's biggest spectacle will be held inside of Allegiant Stadium, the home of the Las Vegas Raiders, on Feb. 11, 2024.

"The Raiders are thrilled the National Football League has selected Las Vegas to host Super Bowl (58) LVIII in February 2024," Davis said in a statement. "Hosting the 2022 Pro Bowl..The 2022 NFL draft.. And now the 2024 Super Bowl are just some of the ancillary benefits resulting from the public-private partnership we created with the state of Nevada to bring the Raiders to Las Vegas and build Allegiant Stadium. It's only the beginning..

"But for now ... Las Vegas ... The Super Bowl is coming to the Sports and Entertainment Capital of the World!"

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that team owners were expected to approve the decision to host the big game in Las Vegas during their annual meeting in Dallas on Wednesday. Davis' announcement confirms such a decision has been reached.

Originally slated to take place at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, Super Bowl LVIII had previously been without a home after a scheduling conflict with Mardi Gras prevented the Saints' home stadium from hosting until 2025. The decision set the stage for Allegiant Stadium to emerge as a frontrunner; 14 months later, the venue has now officially secured the league's flagship event.

Plans are also in place for Allegiant Stadium to serve as the host site for the 2022 Pro Bowl, which will take place on Feb. 6, and 2022 NFL Draft (April 28-30).