Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

Is there any good recommendations for PS5 base building games?

I'd like one where building progression isn't tied to game progression (like Ark is) - I just want to gather materials and build a base.

I played Medieval Dynasty recently and kind of completed it, my town was self sufficient on making and selling shoes (very Northampton of me) and general farming. I've considered DayZ but it seems in at the deep end kind of thing, I'm not even sure I want an online experience.

So, yeah... Any recommendations?

It sounds as though it's more of the same, which will be enough for a lot of people. I thought the other ones were fun, even though the characters and story didn't do much for me, so this is the sort of thing I would probably play when it comes to Playstation Plus.

"More of the same" is fine by me when you're talking about a game that was pretty much perfect. 

Short of "more of NY to explore" and some new gadgets, I don't really know what else they could do to make the game itself better. They could've announced it is the exact same game with a new story and I'd still buy it...

...if I had a PS5. 😭

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to go back to Dead Island, as it's part of the PS Plus Catalog and I remembered enjoying it enough on the PS3 until it got real buggy and I couldn't advance any.

It's not awful, but it's frustrating as hell. It feels really clunky, especially in comparison to similar games.

They got driving right though, which is usually a massive piss-off in most games.

It's really making me wish I could play Dying Light though. I can't remember any vehicle stuff from Dying Light, but the combat and movement was so much better in that game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I will preface this by saying I had no issues with Spider-Man or the Miles Morales game but I played the new game for like 5 minutes and got really dizzy and had to stop. Hoping I just had a bad night and can go back to it later

That's how it was for me the first 30-45 minutes. They start you off with crazy amount of spectacle, things flying all over the screen. It was rough. 

On 07/11/2023 at 22:00, Gabriel said:

I decided to go back to Dead Island, as it's part of the PS Plus Catalog and I remembered enjoying it enough on the PS3 until it got real buggy and I couldn't advance any.

It's not awful, but it's frustrating as hell. It feels really clunky, especially in comparison to similar games.

They got driving right though, which is usually a massive piss-off in most games.

It's really making me wish I could play Dying Light though. I can't remember any vehicle stuff from Dying Light, but the combat and movement was so much better in that game.

Dead Island is a flawed gem. It's a basic as balls story, the combat is mid and can be frustrating (especially the sheer speed with which your weapons deteriorate), and there's a LOT of fetch questing. Somehow though it manages to pull together a pretty fun game, and an even better one if you can find people to play with. I went back and platinumed it a couple of years back and it still holds up well even with its flaws.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2023 at 15:14, Chris2K said:

One of the free PS+ games this month is Power Wash Simulator.

You all need to stop what you're doing and play Power Wash Simulator.

I did this. I cannot say with any certainty that I'm having any kind of fun when playing it, there's no real storyline, there's no actual characters that I have come across, there's only a slight sense of novelty and yet I look forward everytime to jumping back into it. Weird.

• Like 2

Characters, not so much, but a storyline does weave its way into things as time goes on. And it's off the walls crazy.

For me, the joy comes from the goal being so obvious, and just gradually working my way through it until it's all clean. There's something bizarrely therapeutic about it.

• Like 1

• Lineker unpinned and locked this topic