FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

3 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

That 2016 team was such a let down for England. Forgot how far we have come under Southgate and the selection of talent that we have now. 

I do agree, but one thing that annoyed me back then was the pundits acting as though losing to Iceland was the most humiliating thing imaginable. Iceland had taken five points in a group containing Portugal, Austria and Hungary. Yes, England ought to have won on paper, but it wasn't as though they were beaten by San Marino.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I do agree, but one thing that annoyed me back then was the pundits acting as though losing to Iceland was the most humiliating thing imaginable. Iceland had taken five points in a group containing Portugal, Austria and Hungary. Yes, England ought to have won on paper, but it wasn't as though they were beaten by San Marino.

Exactly. That Iceland team had performed really well at the tournament. Their team was better than the England team at time I personally think. Do agree it is annoying hearing the constant punditry from the time of it being humiliating defeat. It wasn't. More shocking that they won than anything. It was clear to see England where second best to them in that game, and overall the squad lacked the talent at the time to do anything of note. 

16 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Try not to worry. Sure you should be okay. It does look a good line up for USA. Someone is bound to score out of that talent. Unlucky not to beat England. 

I've watched enough USMNT to know we're terrible in the attack though 🥺

• Sad 1