Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

10 hours ago, Colly said:

Get in there. Still think we might see another PGMOL apology though.

Im not sure we will.

I think that’s probably been disallowed because the refs thought the Forest player was an ‘instinctive stretch’ for the ball and thus it’s technically a deflection. Which would make Longstaff offside.

I don’t agree with the decision but I can why someone would reach it.

That's why it's been disallowed, but Neville went through the criteria for deciding a "deliberate" touch in detail after the game, and it's clearly a fairly measured clearance. Maybe an argument for it to be disallowed on the field, but certainly not enough for it to have been a clear and obvious error. This clip is worth it even if just for the last 10 seconds...

• Haha 1

Leeds rode their luck in the first half and got battered by Wolves after the goal. But hey, instead of chaotic high press defending, getting compact deeper in your own half, defending together, and waiting to counter can get good stuff!

But then Leeds gotta Leeds and put Wolves right back in it!

...Leeds are going to go full Leeds and full Spurs and full Lolerpool all in one, aren't they?

7 hours ago, Colly said:

That's why it's been disallowed, but Neville went through the criteria for deciding a "deliberate" touch in detail after the game, and it's clearly a fairly measured clearance. Maybe an argument for it to be disallowed on the field, but certainly not enough for it to have been a clear and obvious error. This clip is worth it even if just for the last 10 seconds...

I think that line about instinctive stretching, little to no control, etc. could be argued in this instance. Think Neville brushes by that too quickly.

Of all the VAR fuck ups we’ve seen, this one doesn’t overly bother me. I’d allow it but I can understand how the referees have come to that conclusion.

It looked like we were gonna make it hard for ourselves but, my goodness, an away win in the year of our lord 2023. And up to 14th no less, as much as that is worth with the pile up that is forming at the bottom.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lineker said:

He will be gone before the next league game.

(He isn't wrong though is he)

Absolutely not. It's refreshing to see someone in the club itself say it, even if his motives were likely to get his departure accelerated.

10 hours ago, Lineker said:

(He isn't wrong though is he)

He definitely isn't. Getting rid of him and replacing him with someone else isn't going to solve what's broken at Spurs. That being said, is it the players who have insisted on not using any subs for 75 minutes and then when they finally do it's Lucas Moura?

• Like 1

Don't want to speak to anything about Mudryks ability or anything, but missing out on him looks to be a massive blessing in disguise. Trossard has been a revelation.

• Like 3

As they should. He's to blame as much as anyone else is for the state of Spurs.

Who are, to be honest, still having a decent season. He should be enthused and ready to commit to try to change the culture of the club for the better, not whining about stuff that's in his power to change.

• Like 3