Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Nice for Moura to get a goal in his last game, and Harry 2 in presumably his last.

I feel sorry for Leeds fans, but the board signed their relegation warrant by hiring someone from the 1960s, who has once again stolen a living. And as for Leicester, the downfall is so severe given that they haven't exactly had a mass exodus of players. Maybe Kasper Schmeichel was holding everything together?

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Me too. I hear it's the place to be now.

It's a good thread.

12 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Can we please stop the Big Sam disrespect in this thread. He is a great man and it is not his fault that Leeds are so shit that even a wizard like Big Sam can't keep them up.

Leeds needed a few more primadonnas.

I wonder what will happen to Leicester. They have the highest wage bill outside the so-called "Big Six" and have several good players out of contract either this summer or next year.

I think it was always likely that Harvey Barnes and James Maddison would be picked up by other clubs, but they'll presumably get less for them as a relegated club than they would otherwise.

12 hours ago, Owen said:

Aaaaand I lost the mini-league, despite going into it with a 20 point lead! Brutal! Harry bloody Kane cost me the whole thing.

I went into the last week of my FPL Draft league 50 points clear, and we also do a little head to head Cup in the last three weeks that I was in the final of. I made an absurdly bold move of offering to trade Kane for Mitrovic with my cup opponent (solely because Mitro is my absolute boy), and nearly blew the whole thing. Lost the cup of course (would have won without the trade), but also my starting lineup managed a grand total of 16 points. Mitro penalty miss, Trippier own goal, no clean sheets, Wilson and Eriksen not starting. Only De Gea had me anything more than turning up points. Fortunately I'd brought in a couple of guaranteed starters for my bench just in case, and I spent the last 15 minutes praying Gundogan and Konate didn't come on so that I'd get points from Ward-Prowse and Willian (brilliantly I'd also brought in Faes and left him 3rd on the bench...). Eventually kept the lead by 8 points. I think I preferred when Newcastle were relegated stress wise.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Colly said:

What crazy world is this when AFC Bournemouth aren't top of the alphabetical table?

Both Arsenal and Villa did the Yellow Pages trick and rebranded as 'AAAAAAAA Arsenal' and 'AAAAA1 Aston Villa Roofing'.

• Like 1