2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

And to be fair, Dwane Casey didn't give a press conference after a Pistons game saying that his owner and GM told him not to play any of their starters to make sure they lost a game.

Also I'm not sure anyone in the NBA front office could name the Pistons starting five.

32 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Right before the play in tournament starts, Rudy Gobert has punched one of his own teammates in the middle of a time out. Great timing. 

Immediately shuffled backwards to let his teammates get in between them as well. If you’re going to throw a punch then sack up and give Anderson the chance to swing back at least.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Twist said:

Immediately shuffled backwards to let his teammates get in between them as well. If you’re going to throw a punch then sack up and give Anderson the chance to swing back at least.

Bitch move by Gobert for sure. Crazy how this trade crumbled so quickly, I was one that thought it would've worked and propelled them to another level, but man it 100% did not.

• Sad 1

On 01/07/2022 at 20:54, Chris2K said:

Oh. Well this is awkward, because I've greatly disliked Gobert since his COVID "joke" right at the beginning of the pandemic. 

Still he's a very good defender, and with no first round picks until seemingly the next decade it means I won't have to stay up all night for a draft for a long, long time.

I went back to check what my thoughts were at the time, and it appears I used a non-committal response to hide my lingering doubts. I did say he was a very good defender, which evidently wasn't part of the trade.

• Sad 1

I don't remember if I said it here or elsewhere, but I also felt that Minnesota wasn't a good spot for Gobert. As great as a defender as he is, he definitely cannot change his game to fit different schemes and he's also not a locker room leader to motivate his team. Be interesting if he rejoins the team for the postseason, or is sent home. And if he is sent home, what does the team do in the offseason with him?

EDIT: just saw that, to make it worst for Minnesota fans, Jaden McDaniels punched a wall on his way to the locker room at half time, and fractured his hand.

Edited by Pooker
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

Ah, the icing on the crap cake of a season. How wonderful.

40 minutes ago, Pooker said:

EDIT: just saw that, to make it worst for Minnesota fans, Jaden McDaniels punched a wall on his way to the locker room at half time, and fractured his hand.

Oh boy, a cherry made of shit to go on top of the icing on the crap cake.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, damhausen said:

It's going to be funny as shit if the deliberately tanking Thunder manage to make it out of the play-ins.

Hows does the lottery work for the play in teams? Does the pick go to whoever finishes 9/10 or whoever loses the play in?

4 hours ago, Twist said:

Hows does the lottery work for the play in teams? Does the pick go to whoever finishes 9/10 or whoever loses the play in?

Whoever loses the play in. So, for once in my life, I'm rooting for the Lakers to beat Minnesota, and whoever wins out of New Orleans/OKC, to also beat Minnesota. 

• Sad 1

WOO! PLAYOFFS! NEVER IN DOUBT! BRING ON THE NUGGETS!

I didn't mention it at the time, but it was quite hilarious that the bare bones of the T-Wolves, with KAT on 5 fouls and Ant seemingly forgetting how to play basketball, had a 15 point lead, gave it up, but still took the Lakers to OT.

• Like 1

I'm happy for the players and their fans. But, also disappointed that the Jazz won't have a second lottery pick. Y'all are allowed this one year, because of Conley, Rudy, and NAW. But, the rest of the years that we have your first round pick, could you please not make the playoffs?

• Haha 1

I'm still a fan of Gobert and think he can still contribute at a high level. Hopefully a summer together can get them more on the same page so Rudy can get back to his high level of play.

• Like 1

The Warriors/Kings game was great, I like both teams so it's a shame that they're meeting this early on. I can see it going to 7, probably with the Kings winning because of the Warriors being so bizarrely bad on the road.

• Like 1