NFL 2022

Lineker

On 17/11/2022 at 14:48, Maxx said:

Feels like they're dragging their feet on making this call, considering things could start getting bad in Buffalo by like tomorrow evening.  Could be a treacherous trip to Detroit.

Imagine that.

If we had the technology to forecast weather and didn’t have to rely on what the Oracle’s bag of bones told us 

• Haha 1

D’Andre Swift looking like a nightmarish 1st round pick in the dynasty startup.  It’s not just that Jamaal clearly and obviously surpassed him as RB1 this year…it’s that he’s an enormous part of the offense and young enough to be re-signed  for the long haul.

And Swift isn’t even the RB2 on the goal line, it’s Justin Jackson.

If he doesn’t get traded somewhere to a place that will actually use him I’m in big trouble next year.

This feels like a “back to earth” game for the Giants.  They already struggled with putting up points, defense has largely kept them in games and now they are beyond banged up.  No secondary to speak of and I’m not sure how they’re going to be able to stop the Cowboys, Eagles, or even the Commies with their WR weapons.

Don’t want to sound too gloom and doom as the team obviously has played way above expectations but it’s just a bummer that I can very easily see them finishing in last place after all of this.

1 hour ago, Jacob deBusch said:

D’Andre Swift looking like a nightmarish 1st round pick in the dynasty startup.  It’s not just that Jamaal clearly and obviously surpassed him as RB1 this year…it’s that he’s an enormous part of the offense and young enough to be re-signed  for the long haul.

And Swift isn’t even the RB2 on the goal line, it’s Justin Jackson.

If he doesn’t get traded somewhere to a place that will actually use him I’m in big trouble next year.

Well he did just get a TD,  but yeah I don't know what his future in Detroit is like. 

I didn't want to be cocky, but I felt pretty confident the Lions could win this one today. Maybe surprised it was relatively convincing, but damn man it's so nice to see the defense step up and make plays. Like, we've got some fucking good young players on defense. I know we have the two first rounders, I'd say fuck getting a QB because I really don't like this years class and get two high picks for the defense. 

Hutch is playing like a stud, he looks great. 

Christ, when was the last time we won three-in-a-row?!  

I think, on the whole, we're definitely better than last year and that's the main thing with a rebuild. 

The Bills will still probably cream us on Thursday, but, as of today, it at least looks like we might be competitive? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DFF said:

Christ, when was the last time we won three-in-a-row?!  

I think, on the whole, we're definitely better than last year and that's the main thing with a rebuild. 

The Bills will still probably cream us on Thursday, but, as of today, it at least looks like we might be competitive? 

Probably awhile, that's also two in a row on the road. 

The Bills worry me mostly because Allen can move and will prove difficult to get a good pass rush on. It'll be a good test for our OLine as well, they played great today. No sacks given up, 4.3 yards rushing, and 163 rushing yards, credit to them for some of that. 

Also, the Rams lost which helps us in the draft even more. Stafford could potentially be shut down for the year, heard he left with a concussion. 

The Cowboys make a 60 yard field goal, only for it to be taken off the board because the refs decide they need to review the play that happened before the kick.  Absolutely fucking ridiculous, you can’t have an entire play occur and then go back to look at the play prior to it.

Maher then drilled a second 60 yarder, but still that was incredibly stupid.

• Like 2

Impressed by Brett Maher's mental toughness in that moment. Barely hits a 60 yard FG, only for it be called back because the refs wanted to review the previous call waaaaay too late. The call then is kept and he has to do it again and he does it even better. 

Just now, Maxx said:

The Cowboys make a 60 yard field goal, only for it to be taken off the board because the refs decide they need to review the play that happened before the kick.  Absolutely fucking ridiculous, you can’t have an entire play occur and then go back to look at the play prior to it.

Haha clearly we were thinking the same thing. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I watched this sequence. It was shit that he had to kick again, but god damn that second kick was just a thing of beauty. That shit was good from 65 yards out. 

I forgot the game was in Mexico City until I tuned in.

I think we will eventually see 16 neutral site games a year between international games and maybe US cities that aren’t going to have an NFL franchise.  Every team plays one per year and everyone sticks with the usual 8 home and 8 road games (until, inevitably, we expand to an 18 game schedule).

• Like 1