NFL 2022

Lineker

2 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Let's go after someone who clearly knows what they're doing like Vic Fangio or Josh McDaniel. Ooo! Ooo! Or a veteran coach who's done this before like John Fox. The possibilities of the next Broncos head coach is endless!

Matt Patricia might be available.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, damhausen said:

This is one of the funniest things I have seen in my life.

M-O-O-N, That spells Interception on the 25 yard line! Tom Cullen knows that, laws yes!

3 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Broncos are expected to pursue Sean Payton.  Other names on their rumored shortlist include DeMeco Ryans, Eric Bieniemy, Dan Quinn, Shane Steichen, and Darrell Bevell.

I cannot envision that, of all the jobs, is the one Payton goes for. It's clear he wanted to spend a season tampering to live up his super team, and he can't do that with Russ' contract in Denver.

3 hours ago, VPNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire said:

Have they has Big Dick Nick this whole time? Should have just rolled with him the entire time.

Matt Ryan had a good career, he should retire. Dude is toast. 

Yeah they've had Foles the whole season. He was very bad tonight. Might also be toast like Matt Ryan.

Jags/Titans is locked in to be an AFC South-deciding game in Week 18.  Despite this being a guaranteed division title game, I'd guess it's probably like the 4th or 5th choice for the NFL to flex into the SNF finale as there are bigger markets that could be involved in "win and in" games.

Weird situation though as both teams now have to decide on whether to treat week 17 as a bye week.  The Jags technically have something to play for, as a win would mean they only need a week 18 tie and they do have a slim, if unlikely, wild card path.  The Titans are division or bust and there's definitely an expectation that Henry will either sit or be very limited, not a good time to be a Henry owner in the fantasy finals.

• Like 2

JJ Watt is retiring

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmrU3huLt-4/

Hmm...Instagram no longer embeds.

• Sad 2

What a career Watt has had.  Although there are a glut of pass rushers waiting to go in to Canton and Watt's injuries prevented him from cracking the top 20 of all-time sack leaders, 3-time Defensive Player of the Year puts his peak in such rarefied air.  Should be a slam dunk first ballot HOFer in 2028.

Technically, Ed Reed is the first Texan in the HOF (if you appeared in a single regular season game, they count you as being a part of that team).  But unless Andre Johnson can get in during the next 5 years, Watt will be the first proper Texan in there.

9 minutes ago, Justin Buschlander said:

What a career Watt has had.  Although there are a glut of pass rushers waiting to go in to Canton and Watt's injuries prevented him from cracking the top 20 of all-time sack leaders, 3-time Defensive Player of the Year puts his peak in such rarefied air.  Should be a slam dunk first ballot HOFer in 2028.

Technically, Ed Reed is the first Texan in the HOF (if you appeared in a single regular season game, they count you as being a part of that team).  But unless Andre Johnson can get in during the next 5 years, Watt will be the first proper Texan in there.

Sammy Baugh would disagree!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Jags/Titans is locked in to be an AFC South-deciding game in Week 18.  Despite this being a guaranteed division title game, I'd guess it's probably like the 4th or 5th choice for the NFL to flex into the SNF finale as there are bigger markets that could be involved in "win and in" games.

Weird situation though as both teams now have to decide on whether to treat week 17 as a bye week.  The Jags technically have something to play for, as a win would mean they only need a week 18 tie and they do have a slim, if unlikely, wild card path.  The Titans are division or bust and there's definitely an expectation that Henry will either sit or be very limited, not a good time to be a Henry owner in the fantasy finals.

I think Jags-Titans will be the game. I thought for sure it would be Ravens-Bengals for the division, but they love de facto elimination games more than "win and in" games. It's a play-in game and every other game will presumably only involve one team trying to clinch.