NFL 2022

Lineker

Okay…so either Derek Carr is worse than we thought or Stidham is way better, because he’s not having any trouble against the 49ers defense

1 hour ago, Justin Buschlander said:

NFL praying for the Packers to hang on to this lead so they can throw Packers/Lions in SNF next week for the winner take all game.

No way anybody could want the Titans in that spot with the state of their QB position.

Apparently so does Kirk Cousins...

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

NFL praying for the Packers to hang on to this lead so they can throw Packers/Lions in SNF next week for the winner take all game.

No way anybody could want the Titans in that spot with the state of their QB position.

They're putting Tennessee-Jacksonville on Saturday. 

Potential slim pickings for Sunday night. Cincinnati-Baltimore for the division and Lamar's potential return is out there. The Green Bay-Detroit game is not a winner-take-all with Seattle out there, but does feature Aaron Rodgers. Pats-Bills is a straightforward game where one can possibly lock up homefield while the other needs a win to get into the playoffs.

Didn’t realize yesterday that Seattle held priority over Detroit but I don’t think that changes the equation too much.  The Packers looked deader than dead a month ago and now are in control, at his age nobody can totally know for sure if Rodgers will keep playing so I suspect they’ll get this last big primetime spot out of him while they can.  And if Seattle lose to give Detroit a shot it’s an added bonus.

Pats offense is putrid and I just can’t see how they’d hang with the Bills if the Bills needed that game.  Bengals/Ravens feels like it would slot in nicely as a 4:25 PM game.

36 minutes ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Didn’t realize yesterday that Seattle held priority over Detroit but I don’t think that changes the equation too much.  The Packers looked deader than dead a month ago and now are in control, at his age nobody can totally know for sure if Rodgers will keep playing so I suspect they’ll get this last big primetime spot out of him while they can.  And if Seattle lose to give Detroit a shot it’s an added bonus.

Pats offense is putrid and I just can’t see how they’d hang with the Bills if the Bills needed that game.  Bengals/Ravens feels like it would slot in nicely as a 4:25 PM game.

I think the only problem with Pack/Lions is if Seattle wins than Detroit is out. So theoretically with nothing to play for they are listless, which kinda screws over the Seahawks. Then again, it's also Detroit playing a team they hate with a chance to end their season. But the at most 1.5 hour turnaround from realizing they're eliminated to needing to focus on the game is tough.

Eagles open as 13.5 point favorites over the Giants this weekend.  While they did smash the Giants 3 weeks ago, this line would very much seem to be Vegas assuming the Giants will rest their starters.

I’m a bit torn.  My mind always goes back to the Giants, entrenched as the 5th seed, playing their starters for the entirety of the 2007 finale against the Pats.  They lost but gave them a serious run for their money and the story was always that the momentum from that game carried them into the playoff run.  But the Eagles aren’t going for a perfect record here so not sure the “pressure” to play everyone is there.

While it would be fun to potentially spoil the Eagles’ 1 seed/divisional hopes, with Jones and Barkley’s injury histories it’s probably not worth it to tempt fate for a full game.

My best guess is the Giants play everyone for a quarter, maybe a half depending on how it goes, and then the backups come in and the Eagles cover comfortably.

15 minutes ago, Krabby said:

@DFF and @VPNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire

We're all Lions fans this upcoming week!

Does the Chicago delegation agree? @Your Mom

Yeah.

The Lions met my expectations, but it would sure be fun to sneak into the playoffs. And I fucking hate Aaron Rodgers so I wouldn't mind taking him down again. 

• Like 2

Based on my playoff machine predictions just now, this is probably how I'd see the schedule for the first round shaking out:

Saturday:
Chargers at Jaguars, 4:25 PM, NBC
Packers at 49ers, 8:15 PM, CBS

Sunday:
Giants at Vikings, 1:00 PM, FOX
Cowboys at Bucs, 4:25 PM, CBS
Steelers at Chiefs, 8:15 PM, NBC

Monday:
Ravens at Bengals, 8:15 PM, ESPN

I'd have had Miami in there over Pittsburgh but the state of Miami's QB situation doesn't leave me particularly optimistic against the Jets secondary.

AFC South champs being in the opening game of the weekend feels like a mortal lock.

• Like 2