NFL 2022

Lineker

As in recently-fired-replaced-with-Jeff-Saturday Frank Reich? LOL what a forward thinking organization there in Carolina! I get that his record isn't all that bad really but I would feel so uninspired as a fan

They should have taken Kellen Moore :(

I love that the team was super behind Steve Wilks and he got great results out of a pretty bad team and they were like nah, we gotta get Frank Reich.  Can't pass up the opportunity to get a guy who only got hired as a head coach because someone else quit, and who has shown no ability to win with the kind of talent the Panthers have.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Wilks not getting that job is ridiculous.  Old white owners continue to expect Black head coaches to move Heaven and Earth.

Given the state of the Panthers before he took over I'd say Wilks did exactly that. 

• Like 1

Dan Quinn is staying in Dallas, which seems pretty crazy.  Beginning to wonder if Jerry has promised him the head coach job if we get knocked out of the playoffs in the early rounds again next season.

21 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I thought he promised it to Sean Payton?

I wish he would've. Maybe he meant if we get knocked out in this year's playoffs and that that is just days away from being announced! 

The Jets beat writers are heavily implying that discussions have already been going on over the past week between the Jets, Packers, Rodgers, and Hackett.  Any such discussions are, of course, completely under the table as the NFL doesn't allow teams to even speak until after the Super Bowl.  Even then, any agreed-upon trades can't be commented on by the teams or made official until the new league year.  Sorta like how Schefter broke the news of the Flacco trade 10 days after the Super Bowl a few years ago, but it wasn't made official for another month.

The real sticking point though is that Hackett was widely assumed in league circles to just take a year off and travel with his Broncos check.  While the Jets do have some young offensive weapons including the presumptive OROTY, it's really tough to imagine he'd be rushing to come back to take a job with a massive question mark at QB.

My best guess is that within 2 weeks of the Super Bowl the deal will be "announced".

• Like 1

For as much as we lol, Jets, they do have a very good young offense.  Aaron Rodgers would turn Garrett Wilson into one of the best WRs in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greg Olsen’s been getting a ton of praise this week and rightly so.  It’s a shame he’s eventually going to be demoted back to the #2 crew just because Fox already decided to guarantee Brady a dump truck full of money before he’s called a single game.  If I’m NBC I’m probably eyeing Olsen as a Collinsworth replacement whenever that happens.

Also seems like people have started turning on Romo this year.  Once you get past his ability to call plays before they happened it’s a lot of stating the obvious and hyperbole.  Him constantly referring to Allen as “Mr. January” was incredibly cringe.

• Like 1