NFL 2022

Lineker

It'll be a very interesting offseason for the Giants. Jones and Barkley both UFAs among some other key contributors to this team. It's the first real offseason Schoen and Daboll can put their fingerprints on the team and determine what direction they want to go, they inherited a lot from the previous regime.

Daboll has hopefully at the least given himself a very long leash getting this team to the divisional round when most people thought they had a decent shot at the top pick coming in to the year.

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

All our local guys are saying Barkley to the Bears. Is that just wishful thinking or is there anything behind that? Right now it just seems like "Oh man wouldn't that be cool?" kinda reporting

I think it's just wishful thinking at this point.

The Bears have a crazy amount of cap space heading into next season though. FA and the draft will likely run through Chicago.

• Like 1

It’s time for me to once again complain about the random ass start times they assign to playoff games.  3 start times all season long, and through the first round of the playoffs and then it’s “hey what if we start at 3:00 and 6:30??”

• Like 1

Personally I’d prefer Barkley’s played his last game as a Giant.  Or if he’s back in 2023 it’s under the franchise tag, and he’s traded if he wants to hold out.

Talented of course but the Giants are finally getting a lot of cap space this offseason.  Spending a bunch of it on a cap-eating RB contract feels backwards.  The OL still needs more fixing after all these years and should be the focus.  Look at the Eagles OL.  Get an OL like that and you could have any UDFA run for 100 yards a game.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Prediction continues to be Ravens tag him, then Cleveland restructures Watson, Burrow, Herbert, and Hurts don't "reset the market" and he winds up with a deal right along with what he wanted last year except maybe slightly more guarantees and more years.

NFLPA is absolutely using Lamar as their inflection point to do away with non-guaranteed money in deals. No agent is there to be pragmatic with him.

15 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Always baffles me that they let a team wear all white on a snow game. 

Not that it seems to be bothering the Bengals, down the field in 3 minutes..

I’m sure the bright orange helmets help

The Bills need to retool their offense, it’s just not built to win a title.  Running game is a mess, and probably not enough of a focus, and as good as Gave Davis can occasionally be, he’s not consistent enough to be their #2 WR.