NFL 2022

Lineker

Just now, damhausen said:

Defense did all it could. They've cracked the Joe Burrow code.

Sucks for Huntley, I am sure he's gonna feel like crap about that fumble business

Just now, Krabby said:

Sucks for Huntley, I am sure he's gonna feel like crap about that fumble business

I don't know why he went with the jump from the 2. It was really mindless, whether that was the call or he decided to try that himself. Running behind the guard and getting pushed in was the way to go.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Defense did all it could. They've cracked the Joe Burrow code.

Slowly allow all his offensive lineman to get injured?

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I don't know why he went with the jump from the 2. It was really mindless, whether that was the call or he decided to try that himself. Running behind the guard and getting pushed in was the way to go.

Yea, i watched a clip and it looked like he almost just jumped straight up rather than trying to go forward, but maybe getting stuffed made it look like that. 

I agree though, if you're doing a QB sneak go low and get a push or if he's mobile try a fake pass bootleg to the outside. That call was the game. 

Also with respect to Krabby, I'm kinda not surprised the Vikings lost. Feel like they had some smoke and mirrors this year. 

Where as the Giants, I think maybe I should stop wondering how they keep managing and winning. 

Also makes me a bit pissy seeing the Giants and Jags advance after the Lions beat them. But on the other hand San Fran is one team I wouldn't have liked our chances so it's all moot anyway. Can't start 1-6.

7 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

No idea what the fuck the clock management was at the end of the game either.  50 seconds left and they’re going full huddle, killing 15-20 seconds even with 2 timeouts on the board.

Whether it would’ve mattered in the end or not, just a really bad look.

Plays taking an eternity to get called in has been a chronic problem. Once it became clear Roman was taking his sweet time with the call they should've just burnt a timeout. In the end didn't matter because the holding penalty would've put them in the same spot albeit with maybe some more time on the clock.

Some very nasty sounding messaging from players and the head coach in the postgame - I'm expecting some big changes ahead. Could be a gutting, feel like Harbaugh has lost the team.

Hard to articulate how much I despise Greg Roman. And so does Dobbins apparently! Wouldn't be at all surprised if he requests a trade out of here like Brown did if the same offensive braintrust is back.

8 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Also with respect to Krabby, I'm kinda not surprised the Vikings lost. Feel like they had some smoke and mirrors this year. 

Oh yeah, I mean they are a good team but their record definitely did not reflect their skill level. That made for a fun but entirely stressful season haha. I'm not surprised either - we have made some very questionable play calls and our defense has not been very threatening (bye bye Donatell!)

I'm hating the narrative though that the Giants "exposed" the Vikings as pretenders. No one was pretending first of all. Second of all, 31-24 is hardly an exposure and we weren't that far off from tying or winning the game. The Giants are a good team and (mostly) deserved the win but its not like they pulled the veil down that these Vikings were the 1972 Dolphins or anything. 

• Like 1

"I wish I was filthy rich."
"It is granted."
"I wish my E-Fed was real."
"As you wish."
"I wish WWE would just go away."
"Okay, you're going to have to give me a minute..."
"I wish the Jacksonville Jaguars win the Super Bowl."
"Seriously, Tony. You're pushing it."

• Haha 5

I’m not surprised the Giants are installed as pretty heavy underdogs.  Their backups nearly beat the Eagles starters a week ago but the last time both teams played full strength they got trounced.

You never know though.  Divisional playoff games can surprise.  They did yesterday, everyone figured Bills and Bengals would win but they were nailbiters.

• Like 1

Yeah for as much as I give the Jags credit for mounting a comeback on Saturday, that was very much more of a Chargers failure than anything else.  Defense gets a share of the blame for blowing a 27-0 lead but most of the blame has to fall on the offense.  How many times over the years have we seen an offense go on autopilot with a big lead, and then fail to get it back into gear when they actually need to?  In-game momentum is a real thing.

The Chiefs offense doesn’t really ever go on autopilot.  If they go up by 3 scores it’s pretty well impossible to catch up unless you can manage a turnover or something.